Thursday, June 01, 2006

Does anyone else hope Brad and Angelina’s baby is ugly as sin?

Don’t get me wrong - I’m a member of Team Jolie, but I couldn’t be more sick of Namibia and Shiloh and anything else that has to do with this baby’s birth. You’d think it was the second coming of Christ! Don’t lie - we’re all human. You know you’re all hoping this kid has skinny lips, chubby thighs and a body hair problem. Granted, I’d rather see this kid than Suri Holmes Cruise (what the hell kind of a name is Suri? It reminds me of that song from “Oklahoma” - Surrey with the Fringe on Top) And again, we all know what a fan of Dawson’s Creek I was, but my Joey Potter had a mind of her own. I’ll get you Tom Cruise, and your Scientology too!

Let me point out, it’s not that I don’t like Jennifer Aniston, I do. It’s just that, well… she got Vince Vaughn out of the deal and so I’ve had to stop feeling sorry for her.

Once again, it’s feast or famine here today, so as I watch the cars go by I’ve had a lot of time to think of things to write. While perusing the internet today I’ve found out many wonderful things.

1. Anna Nicole Smith is pregnant - the father is a paparazzo. Note to self Anna: When you get your body back like that, the last thing you do is not use protection - especially with a guy who’s basically a stalker.
2. Clerks II is now opening July 18th instead of mid-August. What can I say? Gigli aside, I still love me some Silent Bob.
3. A Chorus Line is coming back to Broadway. All I want in life is to have Michael Douglas shout “CASSIE!” on the Great White Way.
4. After months of not knowing what was going on and endless searches on the internet, Making the Band 3 is coming back. Although because it’s Diddy, we’re probably just gonna see the remix.

My big goal for tonight is to be able to post a picture or two. I need to practice because I’m going to Baltimore this weekend to see my O’s take on those nasty Yankees. Whether we win or lose tonight we’re coming off a pretty good series with Tampa Bay so I hope we can keep the momentum up while I’m there. Regardless, Photo Day is on Sunday which means the first 5,000 people at a particular gate will be ushered onto the field to take pictures. I don’t know if that means with the players or not, but if I were to get my picture taken anywhere in the vicinity of Brian Roberts I may a.) piss myself, b.) jump his just-off-the-DL bones or c.) Both, neither of which would be attractive. So, whatever goes down I’m going to want to show the world what a cute couple we are. If anyone has any good ideas of how to post both pictures and/or links (I tried to follow the blogger.com directions last night to no avail) let me know. Katie (it’s good to be friends with your high school valedictorian) gave me some advice today so we’ll see if it works.

I’ll give the picture thing a shot after wing night tonight. $.35 wings and beer will trump computer learning any day so don’t hold your hand on your ass waiting for those pictures to come up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am kicking myself for neglecting your burgeoning blog my dear!! I know that there is a more recent post to respond to (I'll get to that in uno momento) but I was strongly compelled to chime in on the celeb baby tangent. I,too, had the exact same reaction to the name Suri (and that reaction was "..WITH THE FRINGE ON TOP") I'm not shitting you...that's the honest-to-goodness first damn thing that popped into my noggin. As for the Brangelina progeny...I am fairly certain, whether this babe has any aesthetic flaws or no (and let's face it, probably NO) I am fairly certain that it is named after a cinematic beagle. I am going to pencil in some imdb research tomorrow at work... I will let you know if I am wrong but I RARELY am!!

Anonymous said...

I am kicking myself for neglecting your burgeoning blog my dear!! I know that there is a more recent post to respond to (I'll get to that in uno momento) but I was strongly compelled to chime in on the celeb baby tangent. I,too, had the exact same reaction to the name Suri (and that reaction was "..WITH THE FRINGE ON TOP") I'm not shitting you...that's the honest-to-goodness first damn thing that popped into my noggin. As for the Brangelina progeny...I am fairly certain, whether this babe has any aesthetic flaws or no (and let's face it, probably NO) I am fairly certain that it is named after a cinematic beagle. I am going to pencil in some imdb research tomorrow at work... I will let you know if I am wrong but I RARELY am!!

Anonymous said...

I no mean to post twice. You will forgive my dumbschmuckiness???