Sunday, June 25, 2006

You had to see it to believe it


This street sign was actually right across the street from Brandi's wedding reception. It took every ounce of self control I had not to steal it and that's only because it was owned by some of Brandi's new family. I respect that.

The wedding was very nice. Brandi and Joel made an absolutely beautiful couple and it was so good to see everyone. I think we entertained the folks at Darby's Pub in East Durham prior to the wedding and while we may have been the wedding outcasts, we entertained ourselves as only we know how.

It was a very mellow night in Hudson which almost put a damper on my big night out plans for Amy and Eryn but I'm pretty sure they were entertained as only drunk Hudsonites can entertain. Sarah made her virgin appearance out in the HUD and although we were all losers at Liar's Poker (nothing you can do about those 5 Six's Amy) we managed to make the best of it. It was a long and entertaining walk home (up hill, five miles, barefoot in the snow) but when you're a little in the bag you don't really notice it, which is always a nice touch.

I finally saw The Break Up. By myself. I got sick of waiting for any of my friends to go with me so i sucked it up on a rainy night and went by myself. What can I say? I love popcorn for dinner and Vince Vaughn. The movie was good. The ending was left kind of open (and VV was looking quite tasty by the end of the flick) but I did enjoy it and I'm still a little bitter that I waited this long to see it. The chemistry between Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn was very believeable and I have to admit that even I would have broken up with his character in the movie.

What a weekend for entertainment news, huh? Aaron Spelling died, Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban got married and I found the most amazing lamps for my bedroom. Ok, that's not entertainment news but let me tell you, this lamp is INSANE and matches my new room motif like you would not believe. I can't believe I didn't buy it yet.. but I will. Oh yes.. pictures will follow so you can all appreciate it and marvel at the sheer wonder of it as I will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now my morning is complete! Shower, coffee, and my morning 'funny paper'...PS- now devirginized....look out HUD! (SD)