Thursday, June 15, 2006

I hate scraping

I literally scraped one wall and I want to kill myself. When you buy a house it’s almost worth the money to pay someone else to scrape all the shit off your walls, especially if it’s an old house. Just a tip.

I left work early today and DAMN it felt good. I’ve spent the last four days on nothing but the same project and if I spend my whole day tomorrow on it I just might kill myself. Obviously not literally (cause I would have already killed myself from the wallpaper scraping), but I’m sure you get the idea. I plan on leaving a little early again tomorrow and maybe I’ll spend yet another night scraping walls. Well, at the rate I’m going, wall. Try not to live vicariously through me and my insanely active social life, ok?

It’s the karaoke episode of The Office. Nothing beats the awkwardness of Michael showing up to the party he wasn’t invited to and a night of karaoke. Holy buzzkill. And again, my love for John Krasinski keeps growing. What can I say? I do love the idea of an approachable Polack. He just feels attainable.

We all know I’m a pop culture fiend and all, but I still refuse to watch the Britney Spears interview with Matt Lauer. Now, I do feel bad for her because I really don’t think she’s as terrible a mother as everyone makes her out to be and she does have people following her everywhere, BUT her husband is a white trash wannabe that’s riding on her coat tails and for her not to know that (or pretend she doesn’t know that) is ludicrous. I do admit, I’m slightly intrigued, but I’m going to put that aside and take a bath instead. I think it’ll be better for my psyche.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the both of you on the house....been a little out of touch lately working on mine, but now that I'm done--need help? SD

Anonymous said...

Britney is such a white trash train wreck that I cannot bring myself to follow any of her exploits. It makes me feel skeezy and undignified, just as if I had deigned to watch Jerry Springer or something.
On a semi-related tangent...y'know how, once upon a time, Britney was the Debbie Gibson and Christina Aguilera was the Tiffany. Well, I was just marvelling the other day at the total Freaky Friday flipflop they did. 'Cause I dunno if you saw the MTV Movie Awards, but Christina rocked. And she rocked in a surprisingly classy manner, I must add. I'm not particularly a fan of hers either, but I was rather impressed!