Friday, June 02, 2006

Good thing I rented movies tonight

Our bullpen blows... Wait.. I take that back.. our pitching in general blows. I'd hate to blame a small group of guys when I can blame a bigger group of guys and some coaches too! But I'd like to thank Giambi for striking out...Doesn't mean I'm taking back my last post, but it's appreciated. In case you're wondering, yes, I do refer to the Orioles as we, our, etc. What can I say? I've been an out of state fan long enough and put up with enough shit that I feel like I deserve to be a member of the team. On a similar note (meaning baseball) I never realized how much I hate the YES Network and how downright mean they can be to anyone that's not a Yankee. I think sometimes the commentators think Jeter and A-Rod invented the game of baseball. It was Doubleday boys, remember that.

Anyway, because my day was so f'n boring and my brain fried, I stopped on my way home from work and rented three movies, never once occurring to me that the O's/Yanks were actually on TV and I could watch the game in real time. So, I am sticking with the game for now, but I make no guarantees that I will stick with it to the end. I have no choice (I DO NOT leave ball games that i'm attending, even if the score is a million to nothing) but to stick it out for the next two days (hopefully through some big wins) so I think it's ok if I bail out a little early tonight.

I rented Transamerica, Match Point and Just Like Heaven. I've adored Felicity Huffman since she was on Sports Night so I had to give her Oscar nominated performance a shot. The other two, well, sometimes you just need something brainless to watch, ya know?

Bottom of the 8th and I've yet to give up hope, so I might as well stick it out, am I right?! Granted, I do have to get up early in the morning so I can make it to Baltimore with plenty of time to get a new shirt at the Harbor and nachos (just chicken and cheese) with my dad at the ESPN Zone. I don't think my dad considers it a real trip to Baltimore if he doesn't get to the ESPN Zone - and Boog's BBQ!

On a lighter note - who else isn't completely convinced that the Prince of Monaco didn't father Anna Nicole's bun in the oven? Would it surprise anyone? Granted, he said there is no way he's fathered another child (after the first one) and now there's a 14 year old in California who finally knows who her daddy is. Yet another nominee for the "keep it wrapped" club.

Anyway, just because I'm home on a Friday night doesn't mean I don't have shit to do so I'll catch ya on Monday and hopefully regale you with stories of my lustful night as the meat in a Brian Roberts-Nick Markakis sandwich..... YUMMY!! Happy weekend

No comments: