Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Freedom is in my future

I don’t even know where to start. Oh yeah… the house is official! The closing was yesterday and (not) soon enough, Tre and I will have our very own place to live. Yes, she bought the house but I’m gonna end up paying half the god damn mortgage so it might as well be my house too, don’t you agree? No pictures until it’s done.. then you can see everything!

Ok, now that everything is in reruns I’ve been trying to watch some different shows and last night I FINALLY caught “Rescue Me.” It was great! Now, I’ve never been a fan of Denis Leary, but the show was absolutely hysterical and included a guest turn from Susan Sarandon. For those of you who do watch it, did you see it coming that the new kid was gay? I mean, I kind of had it figured out when he walked in the door of the apartment but they kept calling each other “bro” or something so while deep down I knew it, I still wasn’t sure until newbie put his head on his roomie’s shoulder. I wonder what “The Tao of Pooh” would think of that! I’m hooked – at least till Law and Order SVU comes back in the fall. I’m also looking forward to “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia” and thanks to FX, I have been for about three months! They started the promos so damn early but I think Danny Devito will be a welcome addition. Thank God he’s funnier than he is tall. I also caught bits of Last Comic Standing and I am so glad the girl with the lisp didn’t get on. Now, I don’t consider myself biased against the lisp, but I just didn’t think she was funny. I mean, I get it, it’s your schtick but I just don’t think it can be funny and not be irritating! I don’t know, I guess I feel bad that some people get on that show that already have some sort of notoriety as a comic (such as, Bil Dwyer) or have been on TV in some other capacity. It just doesn’t seem fair but hey, guess we have to wait and see who wins. It’s a bit of a girl’s world this year so I’m curious to see how that pans out when everyone moves into the house next week.

Once again tonight I’m going to embarrass myself by watching “The Hills.” It’s almost as guilty a pleasure as Dog the Bounty Hunter. Almost. I am almost completely invested in LC and Jason’s relationship. I need to know what’s going to happen.

Speaking of couples, I was watching MSNBC tonight (don’t worry – I won’t make it a habit) and they were reporting that Jennifer Aniston has accepted a marriage proposal from Vince Vaughn. SAY IT AIN’T SO. I’m almost as upset about this as I was when Sandra told me that Urkel killed himself (don’t worry boys and girls – Urkel is alive and well). Again, almost. We all know about my Vince Vaughn fetish so this is obviously a kick to the balls (if I had balls).

Score update – O’s down 6-3 in the 7th… Thank god for Miguel Tejada…

Night kids!

No comments: