Monday, June 19, 2006

I need a weekend to recover from my weekend

Things have been a little crazy as of late, yet not really things I want to broadcast! Therefore, I apologize for the lack of blogging in the past few days.

Lynn’s bachelorette party was this weekend. I’d post pictures but I promised no one would ever see them. It was a good time up in Lake George. I’m pretty sure EVERYONE involved had a blast. I can vouch for myself, that’s for damn sure. Lots going on in Lake George, especially when there are firefighters in town and bachelorette parties are usually a hit. We made some new friends (at least for the night) and got back in touch with old ones (again, maybe just for the night) lol.. It was a long, strange night (long because we got lost on the way back from the bar) and strange because, well… trust me, it had its moments! Lol.. I think rehab might still be in the cards.

I even missed Entourage last night if you can believe that! What can I say? Nothing close to a night’s sleep and no nap were the contributing factors to that, but I’m sure I’ll manage to see it 18 more times this week.

The O’s took two from the Mets (not even I can believe that) and thanks to them I managed to win a very important bet. As I said before, I was not able to stay up to watch any of the highlight reels but I can imagine that Ed Rogers losing the ball in his shirt was on every single one of them and will be on blooper reels for at least the rest of this guy’s short-lived career. AND, Kris Benson hit a home run. An American League pitcher hit a freaking home run. This is one of the times I love my boys. Granted, I love them all the time but this was one of those moments like when your boyfriend sends you flowers for no reason (I wouldn’t know from experience, but I’m sure that’s what it feels like), and I'm pretty sure that’s love.

The house is coming along. There’s lots of wallpaper scraping to be done but Tre and Dad have worked really hard and me, well, I try. Our initial plan was to gut the bathroom but I think we’re going to wait on that until after we’re in. Sure, the bathroom sucks, but it’s liveable and the sooner we get in, the better! Lord knows I can’t wait to decorate. So, keep an eye out for your “painting, beer and pizza party” in the hopefully very near future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boyfriends sending flowers for no reason? Does that actually happen to anyone? (I can't get Adam to buy me flowers for major holidays without at least a week's worth of reminders/nagging... :)