Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My cubicle is right next to a kitchen/pantry. Yesterday at 9:30, someone cooked what smelled like garlic bread. It turned out to be a garlic bagel, but I don't think I've ever craved chicken parmesan so bad in my entire life.

Every time one of my single female friends sends me a picture mail, I have this feeling that it's going to be a picture of their engagement ring. I'm almost happily surprised when it's just a chain text. Not that I don't wish for my single female friends to get engaged (as I hope they do for me), but I like for other people to revel in my single misery. It's only fair. I even do this when it's people who would probably never be getting engaged this soon into their relationship, or don't have a relationship at all to speak of. As the NY Lotto says "hey, you never know!" I mean.. stranger things could happen... (Strange yes.. but regardless of her octogenarian love, I still think she's great and want her to be happy and have lots of babies!!)

Remember my cute new boots? Yeah.. I didn't think today's snow would be so bad, so I didn't wear them. To quote Pretty Woman: "Big Mistake. Big. Huge." My feet are wet and I'm not liking it. I'm sorry new cute boots. I'm not used to having them, so I don't know when it's appropriate to wear them (apparently).

Soccer ended on a high note last night when we pulled out a win and quite possibly tied for 1st place in our division. I still have not scored, but did play offense for a while. That was a tad tiring, so I went back to defense where it's more fun to beat people up.. until they stick their nail in your eye. Yeah... that kinda hurt! I made up for it by blasting my own player with a pretty hard kick. She had to pull her lip out of her teeth cause it got a little stuck up there when the ball slammed into her face. She was a trooper though, and she can play with us anytime! Next session starts next week and we have a newbie coming (well.. not really newbie.. just haven't played in a while newbie), so we'll see what the competition is like!

This goes out to J, who always cracks on my "Ghetto Cable." Who's laughing now!?

2 great new mug shots for you: Charles Barkely was arrested for suspicion of DUI in Arizona while Matt Dillon was caught going 106 in a 65 MPH zone in Vermont. Seriously? 106? in VT? He's lucky all he got was arrested and not killed by a moose!

I only caught the first episode of The City before I fell asleep, but so far so good. I mean.. do I believe any of it is real? NO.. Am I confident Olivia Palermo is going to be the new Heidi? ABSOLUTELY! I really hope she shows Whitney the ropes and such, but this is semi scripted reality TV and entertainment!! It wouldn't work out if she were sickeningly nice to her all the time!

Ok.. these pictures can NOT be true! I've already told you how much I can't wait for Confessions of a Teen Idol, but if Eric Nies really looks like this, I don't know if I can take it. I mean.. you were a MODEL and on THE GRIND for God's sake.. show some respect..

Getting close to time for me to head out for my New Year's bash at the Best Western in Albany. I'm really looking forward to it, as I've never done anything like this before for New Year's. In fact, I've had pretty sucky New Year's the last 7 or so years! I'm hoping this one will usher in an amazing 2009! Happy New Year to all, and to all... a good night!!!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Ok: A) I wanna know just what Matty Dillon was doing in Newbury VT and that is the 1 key detail that that Yahoo article omits. That's where my Dad's deer camp is and I sooo could've detained Matt there had I known he was in town...and if I were capable of catching up to a vehicle going 106 mph (my car would disintegrate in the attempt)

B) I've watched my share of The Girls Next Door (uhh, more than I care to admit) and I can say with no reservations that Bridget is the best of the Hef-harem. Kendra is boorish and Holly seems too type A