Thursday, December 04, 2008

Last night's soccer game had it's ups and downs.. especially for me. We only had one sub, without Tre and Nikki there, so everyone had to bring their "A" game! Literally a minute into the game, I was dribbling the ball up the field and all of a sudden, I was down on the ground. I'm still not quite sure how it happened, but I'm pretty sure it had something to do with my shoe getting caught in the turf. I now have scratches from the turf from my calf up to my thigh. I'm not looking forward to shaving.

Anyway, we ended up ahead 5-1 at one point after the half, and that is when the other team decided to take their goalie out. Their HUGE, hard kicking goalie. Yeah.. she decided to play the front line which left myself and someone approximately 1/3 this girl's size to defend her. Well, she scored two goals, one of which sailed by our goalie's head faster than anything I've ever seen. She was like "I've been a goalie for a long time, but I was NOT getting in the way of THAT!" I'll admit, it was scary! I went down shortly after she headed a ball into my nose and decided that was a great time for a sub to come into the game in my place. We ended up pulling out the win 5-3, but it was a tough final 5-10 minutes, as most of our team played defense just to stop big bad goalie from scoring and/or killing one of our players.

Next week we play against Psycho Goalie, who is our most hated nemesis. Unfortunately, her team is pretty decent so hopefully we can keep up this momentum and if not kick her ass, maybe get in some cheap punches instead. It's times like this I realize how much I miss rugby. I think I have a lot of aggression.

I will never understand why you would trade away your most valuable players, but if anyone's gonna do it, you can bet it'll be the O's. Seriously, the blog will be black if Roberts or Markakis goes.

No comments: