Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The scariest day of the year

So they say... if you watched Reaper last night, you'd know Halloween is the Devil's nightmare, as no one fears him. So for this one day Devil, it sucks to be you! And on this ONE day, I have to wish my friend and blogmate Sandra, a very Happy Birthday!!!!

What an upset! Sabrina Bryan (of Cheetah Girls fame) got voted off Dancing with the Stars. I'm sure she'd be the first to admit this week's dance was her weakest, but she certainly did not deserve to go, nor did she and Cameron Mathison deserve to be in the bottom two! You could see the fear and disappointment in her face as she waited for the evictee to be revealed and I genuinely felt bad for her when she got the news. I admit, she kept it together really well but the disappointment was all over her face. I still think there's something going on between her and her partner though... Maybe they'll be the next Karina and Mario, but younger and more friendly! I know nothing about the Mormon religion, but I'm shocked to think they have more pull than the Disney Channel nation! I guess that's the perk of having fans who can stay up past 9 pm! Poor Jane Seymour.. First her mom dies, then she gets food poisoning!? This woman really is having a rough year!


Monday night I went to my sister's team's Sectional soccer game, after relaxing in Sue's hot tub for a while. BIG mistake.. It was FREEZING outside... even an extra large hot cocoa couldn't help me! Of course, the game went into overtime. After two 10 minute OT periods, they play two five minute OT periods before going into penalty kicks. I froze my tukus off! Luckily, Tre's team scored 45 seconds into the first five minute overtime and walked off with the win. They play against Ravena tonight at 5 pm in Broadalbin so, it looks like that's where I'm headed tonight. I understand the "no home field advantage" thing, but it's ridiculous to make both teams drive all the way to friggin' Broadalbin to play each other. Anyway, Tre is REAL worried about the game and rightfully so. Ravena is a good team and they're looking for sweet redemption since ICC knocked them out of Sectionals last year. I hope Tre wins, but I won't be disappointed if she doesn't.. at least not too much. We have a wedding Friday night at 5 and if she wins tonight, she'll play at 6 pm in Broadalbin so she can't make it. It should be a great time and it'd be a shame if she missed it but I think she'd get over it!

Last night Tre made me lift, upping our weight but lowering our repetitions. I wanted to DIE! We were supposed to do cardio but neither of us could feel our legs so we decided against it. I guess it's working. I lost .4 pounds at Weight Watchers, bringing me back to my usual total loss of 9.8 pounds. I just can't seem to get above that 10 pound hump! Perhaps putting more effort into my exercise and less food into my mouth might help! Damn Halloween and it's candy!

I bet I didn't even have a chance to go there the last few days, but the Yanks offered their managerial job to Joe Girardi. A good choice, but not exactly the fan favorite that Don Mattingly is. Rumor has it that Joe Torre will be offered the managerial job for the Dodgers and I wouldn't be surprised if Donnie Baseball follows him to LA. Can't blame him.. he's been around the organization forever and this was the Yanks chance to give him a well deserved break. WAY TO GO STEINBRENNERS!!! George is turning into the Peter Angelos of NYC!

I decided I'm taking J. to the Olive Garden for his birthday dinner. If he were my boyfriend, he would have gotten steak. But he's not, so Italian it is. Sucks to be him.

Robert Goulet died.. I told J this and he said "who's that?" I tried to explain and then he was like "OH, the Emerald Nuts guy!" Funny what people end up being known for in different generations, don't you agree?

This is one of my favorite movies, so I thought it'd be interesting. Check it out to waste the rest of your day. Hump 'em if you got 'em.

No comments: