Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm thoughtful

J's birthday is next week. I got him a toothbrush.

I'm disappointed that Mark Cuban got booted from Dancing with the Stars. I really thought he had improved and had been able to earn a reprieve, as Marie Osmond sucked it up, even before she fainted. However, I was sadly mistaken and he has since hit the road. I have a feeling Marie will be gone next week. The competition is really stepping up and I don't know how much longer the Mormons will be able to keep her in the thick of things. Then again, she wasn't in the bottom two this week, so I could be underestimating the power of religion.

This weekend is The Office convention in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Although none of the key characters (Michael, Dwight, Jim and Pam) have committed, I still think it would be a great time. Maybe I'll head down there next year and use it as an excuse to visit my friend Melissa and her husband Shaggy, who just moved down there this summer. Ya know, kill two birds with one stone type of thing.

I meant to blog about this yesterday, but I was cranky and not in the mood. Guess who is coming to Seattle Grace for a few episodes? Let's put it this way, if you thought Seth Green was a great guest star, this one is even better!!!

Tonight is our final soccer game of this session. We play the purple team, who is in first place and will continue to be after tonight. Come on, we won one game but we aren't that delusional!! We just want to put up a good fight and go out on a strong note, and I think we'll be able to. I'm really looking forward to it, but I have to lift with my sister first, then tag along while she chaperones a field hockey game. I'm kind of curious, as Hudson didn't (and doesn't as far as I know) have field hockey as a sport so all I've done is play it in gym class. I don't know if tonight is a sectional game or not, but it should be pretty competitive. Speaking of sectionals, my sister has her first game tomorrow night, which should be a shoe-in. The team she's playing has an 0-10 record, so as the first seed, we're pretty sure she's going to win. This means she'll play on Saturday night at 7 pm at home. That would be great if we didn't have a wedding to go to that afternoon, which now she can't go to. So, it looks like it'll be me, mom and dad heading over to the wedding. It's not really gonna be a boozefest or anything and my dad has to work early sunday morning so I'm sure we'll be home at a very reasonable hour, but I would have liked to watch her game. Then again, I think it's going to pour, so I'm not real down with that. I might not even go tomorrow night. Standing outside in the cold might not be worth it to watch her team give an ass whooping, if that's the case. I feel bad not going, but then I remind myself that she's COACHING, not playing.. totally different scenarios.

Anyway, I should get a move on. Lots to take care of before the soccer game so I can just collapse in bed when I get home. Hump 'em if you got 'em ;) (aw hell, hump 'em even if they're not yours)..

No comments: