Thursday, October 04, 2007

Why do I bother?

I actually remembered to take some chicken out of the freezer before I went to work yesterday morning, which is a miracle in itself. When I got home I perused my recipes for something to make and came across "Crunchy Ranch Chicken." It basically consisted of combining Corn Flake Crumbs (I had corn flakes and made my own crumbs with the help of a plastic sandwich bag and an unused measuring cup), parmesan cheese and Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning. Well, I didn't have Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning, but I did have Ranch Dressing mix, which I took to be the same thing. When I poured it into the mixture, it was green. I'm talking... GREEN like keg beer on St. Patty's Day. I combined it anyway, slapped it on the chicken and put it in the oven. As it cooked it began to look a little less green, but I still wasn't expecting anything. My sister came home, looked in the oven and said "oh." That is not a good sign. Some 45 minutes later I combined it with the best invention ever made: Niblets in butter sauce for one (thank you green giant) and settled in to eat. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. It had a slightly strange taste, but it wasn't bad. Tre even said it was tasty. I dont' know if I'll try to make it again, but at least I didn't throw up and I didn't have to throw it out.

Our soccer game went pretty well last night. We only lost 3-1 and while the other team was big on the pushing, they weren't as big on the whining. We even got our shirts, which may have helped prompt our turn around. They're violet and everyone liked them (including the other teams). We're thinking next session we need a better name because the Old Hags just isn't cutting it. Violet Va-Jay-Jays has a nice ring to it. We played really strong and got hosed on a penalty play that made the game 3-1 when it should have been 2-1. It probably didn't help that there were two women on their team that Nikki kept calling "the brothers." Oh yes.. they looked like men and played like them too. They were very aggressive and we weren't enough, although I did end up getting violated while going up for a ball. When I came down her legs were wrapped around me. I told her next time, she better buy me a drink first!!!! Ok, I really didn't, because NO ONE but our team has a sense of humor! They take it very seriously and hardly crack a smile. We're laughing and joking the entire time and since we're not going to win a million dollars or anything for winning the league, it's going to stay that way. I pulled my hamstring while trying to kick with my right foot, so it felt nice to sit in the hot tub again after the game. I slept like a rock and I'm still tired. Well, I wouldn't say I'm tired, but my body sure is. I have to lift on my own today which should be interesting. I really hope I can do it myself because I really don't want to ask some musclebound guy to spot me when I'm barely bench pressing the bar....

The Top Chef finale was last night and I haven't watched it yet. However, I've been told I'm going to be disappointed in Gail, Padma and Tom so I'm sure Hung won. It certainly means Dale didn't, because everyone knows how much I love Dale. I guess I'll have to watch it after the gym, as it's been insanely hard to avoid stuff on the internet so I don't find out what happened! Only 6 more weeks until Project Runway!

I'm headed to New Hampshire for a wedding this weekend. It's my friend Maki from college and to be honest, I never expected to get invited. He's a guy I adore and played rugby with, but we really don't talk unless we're at the yearly reunion, so I was shocked when I got the invite in the mail. I debated not going, but it'll be a nice opportunity for me to see some of my friends that I've been trying to get together with, but to no avail. Hopefully I can sleep on Monday cause it doesn't look like it'll happen anytime before that. Anyway, I'm looking forward to the wedding, but very curious to see how it goes. The invite touted it as "fun for all ages," and it takes place on his family farm. Now, my friend Shannon's wedding was at her parent's house but it was under a tent with a floor and the biggest portable potty trailer I've ever seen. I have a feeling this will be nothing like her shindig. I mean, I'm wearing a dress and heels and bringing a chance of clothes... jeans and flip flops.. Maki puts on some great parties (so I've been told.. I never go as there's camping involved) with plenty of fun and debauchery. However, the father of the girl he's marrying is a preacher and I'm not sure her family has been subjected to his friends quite yet. I have a feeling it will be way more toned down than everyone thinks, but we'll have to wait and see. Either way, it's supposed to be a nice day and I'm sure it'll be a blast. I'm staying with my friend Eryn, who lives a half hour - forty five minutes from Maki. My other friends are up my ass about camping there, which shocks me as they've known me for at least 10 years and know how I feel about that. I'm content to shack up on Eryn's couch with her dog Jackson snoring in my face.. I plan to take plenty of pictures, something that's been lacking on the blog recently. I hope to make up for it this weekend as I really didn't take any pictures this summer. I don't know what was wrong with me.

I have lots of DVR'd TV to watch so I'll update you on what I feel needs to be updated.

And oh yeah... don't know if you heard, but Britney lost her kids.... I bet you haven't, cause NO news outlet has reported on it at all.. Glad I could help..

PS - This is my obligatory O's post.. YAY!!! The season's over... Let's do something in the offseason (yes.. I believe I might have posted this word for word last year, but hopefully Andy MacPhail can make my dreams come true... or at least get us to .500). Now I have to pretend to be a Yankee fan.. is it wrong to wear my "Real Women Don't Date Yankee Fans" to go watch them play?

No comments: