Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm in love!

Don't get your hopes up.. the chat that I had with J didn't go THAT well... ;) Ok.. I'm not sure it went well at all but we got a lot of stuff out in the open, but no real conclusion. But who cares? I have found a new love and it is.....

America's Most Smartest Model.

Oh yeah... I mean it. It's a trainwreck of epic proportions and I have loved every second (and been mortified by the fact that I do love it) that I have watched. I just happened to catch it late last night (after a STELLAR episode of Damages) and could NOT turn the channel. Seriously, check it out. I can't believe some of these people are A) models and B) breathing on their own. It's a mess and I can't wait till the next episode.

Floyd Mayweather FINALLY got booted from Dancing with the Stars, yet shared the red spotlight with Mel B., which surprised everyone involved. Marc Cuban looked completely overjoyed that he was not in the bottom two, but it was pretty evident that it was Floyd's turn to go no matter who he was with, and take Karina with him. I managed to breeze through Monday night's performance show on my DVR and as much as the practice sessions are cute, they're SUCH a waste of time. I got through the performances in about a half hour-forty five minutes so basically half the show (if not more) is filler. Anyway, there were some great performances, mainly from Sabrina Bryan, Helio Castronieves, Cameron Mathison (even with his cheesy costume) and Jennie Garth. It might come down to a family battle between Derek and Julianne Hough, which I'd be ok with. I really like her and Jennie Garth really seems to be coming into her own. That, and her husband was on Damages, one of the best new shows of the year. Last night's episode was once again filled with unexpected twists and turns and as much as I'm looking forward to next week's season finale, I'll be sad to see it go. Although I'll be able to watch SVU a whole lot more! Oh but wait... The Real Housewives of Orange County are on Tuesdays at 10.. Sorry SVU!!! Priorities.. Anyway, for those of you who don't know what you're missing, FX is running a Damages marathon on Saturday starting at 8 a.m. Get your Frobisher fix!

I had expected a pretty nasty WW weigh in, but I was pleasantly surprised to find I only gained .4 pounds. I mean, the cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory alone should have set me back at least two pounds. I'll probably pay for it next week, as I am going out for wings after soccer tonight and this weekend is our softball team party. Barry always puts out a fine spread (and the food isn't bad either ;)!) Still, I'll take my .4 pounds and pray to God I can manage to drop a pound to reach that elusive 10 pound mark. I shouldn't bitch.. I'm feeling pretty good and my clothes fit better, but you just want to be able to say that's what you lost, am I right!? Anyway, tonight we have a soccer game at 7 pm which is our last early game. We're going to celebrate by heading to Beff's on Everett Road afterwards. We've driven past it every time and it looks like a good place to knock back a few beers (after a win would be nice, but we're not getting any hopes up) and have some wings to celebrate what a good time we've had. Next week is our last game for the session so hopefully tonight we can get some more information on when the next session starts. I am going to not like having a week or more off! No one ever thought I'd say that, least of all me!

Hump the day away and I'll try to blog again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

You are suspiciously effusive in your "Damages" raves. You only managed to wedge it in your post 2 or 3 HUNDRED times and yer all, " BEST new show of the year" and all caps "STELLAR" and blah blah etc.. Are you on the FX payroll? Glenn Close's payroll? If you are on the FX payroll, please tell your bosses that I am getting damned impatient for Season 5 of Nip/Tuck...also they need to order up another half dozen or so seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. That is all. ..