Friday, October 26, 2007

I can't get warm

I know.. it's probably one of the nicest days of the week so far, but I'm layering as best as I can and still can't seem to get my body warm. J and I went to the movies last night (more on that in a minute) and I was literally shivering through the entire thing. I'm thinking of heading to Dunkin Donuts for a hot cocoa to get me through this afternoon!

Ok.. the movies.. J and I went to see "We Own the Night" with Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Wahlberg. I thought it was pretty good, however the picture quality was atrocious. You actually got used to it, but it was all streaky. We were in the last theater and I think there were two other people there, so I guess management didn't see the need to check that out OR close the door to the theater. I had to get up and do that myself. Anyway, I had been hounding him for a week or more discussing my craving for buttered movie popcorn. We got popcorn and the guy put it all right on top so you could see it glistening (Have I mentioned that J hates butter on his popcorn?)! Anyway, because I was wearing a semi-nice shirt (J asked why I looked so fancy just to go to the movies) you know I dropped buttered popcorn on myself. I was able to "SHOUT" it out when I got home, but boy was I peeved.. However, knowing my shirt had to be stained and the fact that i was freezing my ass off didn't deter me from enjoying myself! After the movie, J drove through the Taco Bell drive thru, as he hadn't had dinner yet and unlike me, popcorn was not enough to satisfy him. The guy in the drive thru was ridiculously polite and nice. Kind of TOO nice.. We pull up and he takes J's money and says "I like your sweater." I look at J and say "aren't you going to say thank you?" To which he replies "he's talking to you!" Let me point out 1) J wasn't technically wearing a sweater, nor was I and 2) He was DEFINITELY talking to J and told us so when he caught us giggling over who he was talking to. He then said something about my boyfriend or husband and I started to die laughing. What I wanted to say (and somehow restrained myself) was that everyone BUT J seems to know we're together. Hell, even the drive thru guy could tell!!! So, it was entertaining and J was only slightly uncomfortable with the homoerotic undertones of the situation. I, on the other hand, laughed my ass off the whole way home and have continued to do so every time I rerun the situation in my head. Serves him right.

I don't normally watch the news. I find it depressing and it angers me, so I just don't put myself in that position. However, I was looking at some local news on the internet this afternoon and came across this story. I don't really know why I clicked on it, but I did. When I saw the picture I thought "wow, that guy looks like someone I know." As I continued to read the story, I realized I had met this guy over the summer during Kate's bachelorette party in Saratoga. We had such a great time with him and his friends and he was the nicest guy you could ever meet! I know I didn't really KNOW the guy, but it was such a shock to actually see someone I had met on there, ya know? It's a sad situation and my condolences go out to his family. The weird thing is that he worked at Schuylerville and that is who my sister has to play in her sectional game tomorrow night. Small f'n world, isn't it?

Speaking of the soccer game, the Ichabod Crane girl's soccer team beat Bishop Gibbons 15-0 in their first sectional game. My mom called me at the half and the score was already 9-0. I'm glad I didn't go because it was a bloodbath. Tre's goalie had ONE save. One. The game started late too, because the ICC boys won their sectional game by a penalty kick. God, I'd hate to be the goalie for the other team. What pressure! So, not only do my congrats go out to my sister, but they also go out to Mattias, who coaches the boys. Both teams play their next games on Saturday.

That's all I've got for today. I'm having a bad hair day and just not in the mood to work, so I can't wait to head home, take a shower and hopefully catch up on some DVR'd TV before I head to bowling and hopefully don't suck as much ass as I have in previous weeks. I make no guarantees. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: