Monday, October 01, 2007

Monday comes so early

I did manage to finish watching Grey's Anatomy, shower and get to bowling on time, although I have no idea how or why. I am continuing to bowl like shit but I guess that happens. I think I need a new ball. Maybe Santa will get one for me. I came home and watched some other stuff I DVR'd before it was 11:30 and I realized it was way past my bedtime! The next morning I got up to trek to Kingston in order to take the Legal Assistant 2 civil service test. I wasn't real thrilled about it, as I was going in there completely blind. I couldn't find any information on line as to what would be on the test (practice questions, etc.) so I walked in there with my #2 pencils, a calculator and the hope that I wouldn't bomb it! Well, I'm pretty sure I bombed the legal research section (I don't do it nearly enough so it's not something I know a whole lot about), but the rest of it was ok. The questions are just silly, SAT like questions. You have to figure out what the best way to say something is and of course, more than one answer looks right. As a matter of fact, two answer on one question were EXACTLY the same. I went over them with a fine tooth comb to be sure. Unreal.. so.. apparently it takes MONTHS to get your results back so maybe by February or so I'll find out how I did!

I hit the gym after that, but couldn't run. My hamstrings and calves were killing me from lifting with my sister so I walked instead. I ran home to make some trays of macaroni and cheese (my speciality, mainly because it's the only thing I know how to make), shower and high tail it to my friend Sarah's party. Tre and I got there and knew no one but the hosts (well, I knew a few people from playing softball with them, but I don't really KNOW them) so after eating, we started playing beer pong at least an hour and a half before we wanted to. We pretty much dominated and had a few comeback games, which put us in bed by about midnight - 1:00. We left Sarah's around 8:30 the next morning and we were both back in bed by 9 am. We were so lazy that around noon, Tre TEXTED me from her downstairs bedroom to see if I was awake. Then we continued to have a texting conversation about what we wanted to do for food (we chose Taco Bell). We totally wasted the day, and a gorgeous one it was! We left the house to go to my aunt and uncle's for cake and a bbq for my cousin's birthday, but that was it. I think we were probably both in bed by 9. I watched "The Professional," which I really liked. I love Natalie Portman and this was her first big movie. I've wanted to see it for ages and finally had the chance to. I didn't even fall asleep which was amazing since I watched it in bed! Problem was, I was so overtired that I couldn't sleep... no comment..

So here I am today, just trying to get through the day without putting my head down on my desk. It's worked so far, but it's kind of too early to say what the day will bring. I have to stay a little late because one of our clients is coming in to execute her will. After that I plan to hit the gym, make some dinner, do some laundry and watch Heroes. If I last that long, bed will be in the very near future!

Casey, Hung and Dale will battle it out in the Top Chef live finale on Wednesday night. I was sad to see Brian go, but someone had to and if it wasn't Hung, he was my next choice. I honestly don't care who wins, as long as it's not Hung. No one thinks they deserve it as much as he does! Self confidence is not something this guy lacks. I laughed my ass off though, when Hung was doing his "why I want to be here" speech and Tom Collichio just looked.. bored. Best of luck to Dale and Casey. I adore them both and hope they pull it out in the end!

Enjoy your Monday. If anything good happens, I'll be back!

No comments: