Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Reality Check

I usually end up having a decent relationship with my exes, as is evidenced by the fact that my mother (when J and I broke up) asked "are you gonna stay friends with this one too?" (My answer was that yes, hopefully we would stay friends, and we have. Although there is a slight problem with the fact that right now our friendship is more of a convenience thing, but that's totally beside the point). My point is, I got a random email from an ex of mine today. We dated when we both worked at the bank together, which was my first real job out of college (10 years ag0). I don't know if I'd necessarily say we ended on great terms, but as the years have gone by we've kept in contact sporadically. I have his email and know where to find him, that kind of thing. Well, today he emails me and tells me that his girlfriend had their baby back in July, things are going well, blah blah blah. Of course I congratulated him because I really am happy for him, but did I feel like hearing it? Course not! I mean.. no matter how long ago it was, what girl wants to hear that her ex married/knocked up/fell in love with someone else? Have I mentioned that I have PMS? So yeah.. while I'm truly happy for him I guess I just wasn't in the mood to hear it. Is that so bad?

Poor Albert Reed got booted from Dancing with the Stars. I really did feel bad for him because he had done a good job (definitely better than his final two partner in crime, Wayne Newton) but people just don't know who he is! I mean, if it weren't for Josie Maran, he probably would have been in the bottom two last week also. I was not really surprised with the results although saddened to hear Jane Seymour's mother died. That was the real reason Jane did the show and I hope she'll be able to continue on in her memory.

My DVR is REALLY pissing me off. Shows are getting cut off and i'm missing not only what's happening next week, but important tidbits. It happened on Heroes (the scene where Claire cuts her toe off and waits for it to regenerate is priceless) and Grey's Anatomy (luckily my friend saw it and told me what I missed which was CRUCIAL, but no spoilers here)! Tonight is the supersized, live Top Chef finale so if it cuts off and I don't find out who wins there's going to be a not very happy person on your hands. BTW - I found this tidbit of information interesting, yet not really surprising. Speaking of great shows, if you haven't tuned in to Damages, do so! It's one of the greatest shows on television right now and while I can't wait for it to be over (only so I can know for sure what the hell is going on and to take one more show off my DVR), I don't really want it to end.

Tre had me lifting again last night and we did abs. I dont' know where they are, but wherever that is, it HURTS.. I'm more sore today than I was last week, that's for sure! I iced my right shin last night because I haven't been able to run on it since Saturday. It felt better last night, but it's kind of sore today. I'll ice it before soccer and see how it goes. I think another ass kicking is imminent tonight, but we'll have to wait and see. We did a little strategizing in the hot tub last week, so we'll see if that comes to fruition.

Things I've learned from or about TV this week:

I am Nathan Petrelli... I don't know how I feel about that.

Walt Disney World opened on October 1, 1971 (Thank you Alex Trebek)

You can defeat any dead guy as long as you have a vessel from the Devil (Reaper)

Close your blinds if you plan to dance around your apartment naked (Private Practice)

Karma's a bitch (The Hills)

Enjoy your hump day and if I can still breathe (and walk), I'll post again soon!

No comments: