Thursday, October 11, 2007

Gay Disco

That's what my office is reminiscent of at the moment. My overhead light is flashing on and off (there must be a short or something) and I'm jamming to "Too Funky" by George Michael. What more could a girl ask for? Ok.. I'm alright with the George Michael but the light is really starting to irk me. It usually does that a couple times a day but it's been pretty constant all day and is starting to drive me up the wall.

Speaking of a gay disco, my friend Chris is coming home in December and he's INSISTING that me and Tre have people over so he can play drinking games and have a good time. Who am I to say no? I'm going to have to make a list of movies to see while he's home because no one ever wants to see the same movies as me, but Chris. I'm going to keep him very busy and drunk off popcorn and jujubees!!!

Apparently, I'm deceptively fast. That's what one of my soccer teammates told me last night. Granted, I put in a lot of hustle, but I'm anything but fast. I even got relegated to the bench on my trainwreck Albany co-ed team because apparently I wasn't fast enough (that and there was this weird love triangle on the team involving my sister and it would have been obvious if they had benched her, being an all-star and all), which is funny because I'm the same girl who won a race to solidify my starting position on my college rugby team. Anyway, I look like I'm going fast because I pump my arms really quickly. I've heard it's funny to watch but unfortunately, I don't go any faster. You would think the momentum would propel me but it doesn't. We got beat again last night in soccer (shocker). The game was actually going really well at the half. I felt like we were playing well and putting in a good effort. I dont' know what happened in the second half but it was a bit of a clusterfuck. Granted, we did play WAY better against this team than we had our first game (which WAS our first game) so that's something, but we just want to win or score a few goals! Maybe we should practice.. Next week our game is at 7 p.m. and afterwards we're going to Beff's on Everett Road for some wings and beer. I think we deserve it, although we might get booted for smelling pretty bad, as we did last night. Lifting beforehand didn't help me much either. I'm getting used to it, but my body is still tired today.. I collapsed in bed when I got home but was rudely awakened by my dripping nose at 4:45. I contemplated taking Nyquil, but figured I'd pass out for hours and I couldn't miss work today. I "misplaced" some documents that are needed for a conference today so I had to look for them. Ok, it's not 100% sure that it was me that lost them, but the last place they were seen was on my desk so I pretty much look guilty. I combed through every single file in our office and couldn't find them. I'm telling you.. short weeks are a BITCH...

No comments: