Tuesday, October 17, 2006

With all those people on earth do i really need to spawn?

This is what I wrote in an email to my friend (and old babysitter) Shell today, regarding my lack of need to procreate:

Ouch.. good point.. J. and I went to Denny's for dinner Sunday night and this little kid was going to sit behind me but they moved. So as he noisily stomped away I said "yep.. can't wait to have 12 of those." He looked at me and was like.. “please, you don't even want ONE of those!”

Which really isn't true.. I mean... right now I don't.. but eventually I'll probably succumb to the grandparent pressure and infiltrate society with my genetically blessed DNA.

What can I say? My biological clock is so not ticking. Matter of fact, I’m pretty sure it’s on snooze. Maybe I’m selfish, but I like being able to do what I want, when I want to do it and not feel bad about it! Plus, I know I’d be one of those girls who’s like “I’m eating for two,” and I’ll have to go on The Biggest Loser to get my baby weight off. I just don’t have the time for that right now. Maybe by the time I’m 35 I’ll feel differently. Plus, I’m not sure the world can handle another me right now. There are nuclear weapons in North Korea for Christ’s sake!! (right? that’s what’s going on in the world? Cause I don’t watch the news - WAY too depressing.)

So, I’m not sure how I’m walking today, but it’s not normal. I tried to find a picture of the shoes I’m wearing online, but couldn’t do so. I’ll try to describe as best as I can. They’re frickin’ adorable! They’re black, BCBG shoes with little buckles on them and a relatively low kitten heel. They are probably the lowest heeled shoe I own so they should be much easier to walk in. However, when I tried on the shoes at DSW, the 7’s seemed a tiny bit tight so I got the 7.5’s. Big mistake. Big. HUGE (what movie kids?). Anyway, I love them and I don’t have the receipt anymore nor did I even see them at the store last night (where I bought adorable sneakers - Infusion by Skechers) so I stuffed them with tissue when I got to work. Four tissues per shoe. I think three would have been enough, but I went with four anyway. So, I’ve spent the day trying to walk like a normal person but alas, it hasn’t gone well. I have learned my lesson but you can bet your sweet bippy that I will stuff my shoes the next time I wear them, because I WILL wear them again. I am a slave to fashion… and cute shoes.

As I told you yesterday, my Ipod is on its last legs… which I think were just broken. It played just fine in my alarm clock today, and that might be its primary purpose until I can get a new one. I tried to use it at work and it wasn’t having it. So, I logged onto XMradio.com where I can listen to some of their stations for free. Normally I listen to Top 20 on 20 but (much like FLY 92) it’s the same 20 songs over and over again. So, today I decided I would listen to Lucy, which is like a new wave, alternative station. I haven’t once wanted to change the station. Ok, maybe when the White Stripes were on, but other than that it was all of my favorites. For example, the first five songs I heard were Wonderwall by Oasis, Never Let You Go by Third Eye Blind, Just a Girl by No Doubt, Pictures of You by The Cure and Punk Rock Girl by The Dead Milkmen. Not a bad combination of songs if I may say so. I guess I’ll try to suffer through. A friend of mine sent me a link to an MP3 player for $20 so that might be good enough to hold me over until Santa comes and puts an ipod in my stocking!

Well, I was unsuccessful at finding pictures to put up today since everything I tried to find wasn’t working for me. Therefore, enjoy the rest of your Tuesday and prepare yourself for Sarah Evans’ statement on Dancing with the Stars. Apparently she’s not even mentioning the husband. Um.. yeah.. everyone knows your husband’s a FREAK!!! Might as well just face it head on. Will tonight be the triumphant return of Willa Ford? We’ll all have to tune in and see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its either you change your mind when you are 35 or you are lucky enough to hit menopause really really early!!!
What were we talking about today..children on leashes? I still say that 300.000.000 people in the US alone really does constitue a little population cleansing of the stupid people (or maybe just the state of MA to make up for it...)

Sandra said...

I hate to be so argumentative but I have to take umbrage at your snipe at the Stripes. I know we live in a "free-to-be-you-and-me" and "to-each-his-own" sort of society, and anybody else dissing the White Stripes, I would ignore it. But hearing this from you--it is in jarring conflict with our implicit agreement that deems MY taste as *IMPECCABLE*. I thought we were in accordance on this. I ADORE the White Stripes. In fact, just this past weekend I had a delightful drunken sing-along when "My Doorbell" came on the radio.