Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend Roundup

I might have to quit bowling. I’ve been sucking pretty bad lately. Granted, I don’t practice so I really shouldn’t complain, but it’s supposed to come naturally to me and it’s not. It’s kind of frustrating. I know I’m supposed to be doing it for fun and it is, but it’s more fun when you do well, don’t you agree? Anyway, to end a shitty night, J. called me on my way home. The first thing he says is “I have good news and bad news.” Ever the cynic, I took the bad news first which was that he wasn’t going to be able to come down to see me. As I may have mentioned previously, we hadn't seen each other since the previous Sunday night/very early Monday morning so, already I’m pissed but I give him the benefit of the doubt. The good news is that his sister is pregnant. It might not sound like much, but she had cancer and was told she was infertile, so it’s kind of a big deal. He and his brother were going up to her place to spend time with her and congratulate her. Can’t really fault him for that, am I right? So, I got to bed early on Friday night. Saturday I went to the mall with my mom and got some good deals at the Macy’s one day sale. I bought a dress that doesn’t fit yet but hopefully it will. I couldn’t resist! It was an adorable $70 dress for $24. Great deal… I spent the rest of the night catching up on my Netflix, watching Jarhead and the first four episodes of the first season of Rescue Me. I liked Jarhead and I liked Jake Gyllenhal’s ass. Wasn’t a terrible way to spend a Saturday night in all honesty. I had a headache and couldn’t fall asleep and when I finally did, I got woken up by Tre and Nikki in a drunken haze. For some reason, they thought they were REALLY quiet coming up the stairs to jump on my bed. Not so much. Spent most of Sunday watching the shows Tre and I had DVR’d as the week went by. As usual, I loved The Office, although I’m very anxious for Jim to get back to Scranton. This Stamford thing is bullshit.

I found out on Friday night that my friend Lynn (whose wedding I was in back in July) is pregnant. I’m not drinking the water around here as it seems I’ll get pregnant. SO not what I’m interested in at this point in my life (and maybe never! I’m not exactly a kid person. If I hold a kid any closer than arm’s length, my friends start to think I’m not feeling well. I mean, I don’t hold a kid until I’m pretty sure that if I drop it, it’ll bounce Regardless, congratulations to Lynn and Michael on the impending birth of their first child! Also got some more details on my friend Crystal’s baby: His full name is Benjamin James Gniadek and he weighed in at 7 lbs, 6 oz. and 19 ¾ inches. Apparently he has blue eyes, dark hair and (according to his proud father) one hell of a set of balls. Men are so easy to impress sometimes! Again, congratulations to Crystal and Jamie!

The Detroit Tigers swept the Oakland A’s to make it to the World Series. Now if only it cold stop raining long enough for someone to win the NLCS, we’d have ourselves some good October baseball! Granted, the Mets/Cardinals series has been pretty good, not counting last night’s game of course!

I left my post-it note of topics at work so this post isn’t quite what I had originally thought. I got distracted today because after less than an hour, my Ipod decided it no longer wanted to work. It’s been sounding pretty nasty as of late, but I was giving it the benefit of the doubt. So, after work I stopped at the mall to go to the Apple store and to try and find a dark brown skirt to wear for my Halloween costume. I did find one at the Gap, but I also received my sash and beanie in the mail today which are kind of off in color from the skirt. I’ve decided that I don’t care because I’m not going to the mall again. It’s Halloween. It doesn’t have to be perfect! Oh yeah.. the Ipod. So, I bring it to the store and Matt waits on me. Matt is a self-righteous, geeky douchebag. I told him the deal and he said my battery had run down. Um YEAH, after it froze up on me I’m sure it did use all the battery life (which I never seem to have that much of in the first place) but that was not the original problem. He then listened to it and said that he was pretty sure my hard drive was finished. Great. So basically, my Ipod has shit the bed. He then plugs it in and it starts to work. Just before I leave he tells me that it works and blah blah blah, until finally he ends it with, yeah, it’s on its last legs. Well, thanks MATT, thanks for helping me out! So now I’m pissed.. not just at Matt for being a douchebag, but at my Ipod for not being able to handle it’s job. So, if anyone wants to buy me a Christmas present, a new Ipod will do… or advice on ipods, nanos, etc. would work too.

As I mentioned before, I've been watching the first season of Rescue Me from Netflix. I'm pretty upset that I didn't get into it when it first began because I've found myself constantly laughing my ass off. I just started watching this season so it's a little confusing at times, but it's also answering some questions that I never really knew I had. If you have a chance, catch up on this show before the fourth season begins. I don't think that will be until the summer so you have plenty of time to take my advice. I'll accept your thank you's in advance

Anyway, good news is that the closing I was supposed to have this week has been pushed back to next week. It’s good news now, but I’ll probably be singing a different tune this time next week. I’m watching Heroes and it’s one of those shows you really need to concentrate on so I’m gonna get a move on. Enjoy your night or day (whatever the case may be)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a Dell MP3 player and it works fantastically.

Link: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=us&category_id=5906&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

E-mail me if you want more info.