Friday, October 13, 2006

Freaky things are apt to happen

on Friday the 13th. After my ranting and raving post about Sarah Evans, come to find out she’s going through a heinous divorce and has dropped out of Dancing with the Stars. We all know she’s not my favorite, but I didn’t wish THAT on her! However, I’m sure she knew this was coming earlier this week so why she didn’t just bow out gracefully and save Willa, I don’t know. Hopefully they’ll bring Willa and her boy toy back to compete because now they’re down a week on the show and TV doesn’t work that way. I’ll be kind of upset if that doesn’t happen, but more upset if poor Willa gets booted two weeks in a row. I mean, that’s just downright cruel! Still, Sarah’s fans have to go to someone else so maybe they’ll feel bad for our poor little pop princess…. then again, she’s more of a pop servant. When “I wanna be bad” is your only claim to fame you have to go above and beyond to get that fan base (and I don't mean above and beyond your partner, you dirty girl).

Onto bigger and better things: The New York Mets beat the St. Louis Cardinals in the National League Playoffs last night, behind a stellar performance from Tom Glavine (once coached by Leo Mazzone, just to throw in my O’s - I mean, this IS a blog about the Orioles too ya know). I don’t normally watch the NL series because I’m a big AL fan. Even though my team sucks I know more about the AL teams so I normally root for them in the World Series (unless it’s Boston) but considering I’m from New York and I’ve always had a soft spot for the Mets, I might have to cheer for them when they make it through. I mean, if they don’t make it through I’ll be shocked! They’re a great offensive and defensive team and have proved that all season. Plus, David Wright is pretty easy on the eyes. As a girl, that always helps. Don’t get me wrong, he’s no B-Rob or Nick Markakis, but I wouldn’t kick him out of my bed for eating veggies! Speaking of the AL - Detroit is up 2 games to 0 on the Oakland A’s. I have caught both games but I really just like listening to the announcers say “Placido Polanco.” Has a nice ring, doesn’t it? No, really. I adore my baseball and understand it, but it’s hard to watch when your team isn’t in it (right, Yankee fans?). Plus, I have yet to see Tommy Lasorda have a commercial with the O’s in it. I’ve seen the Boston one (which is hysterical) and the Indians, but no O’s. Bring it on Tommy!

In pseudo celebrity gossip, apparently the hottest new couple is Brandy (of Moesha and America’s Got Talent fame) and Michael Knight - everyone’s favorite designer from this season of Project Runway. I mean, how cute are they? Apparently they met through a mutual friend and have been dating ever since. She even sat front row at this runway show in Bryant Park. I think Brandy’s looking for some free clothes, that’s what I think. But hey.. best of luck to these two lovebirds!!

So, I’m thinking of taking a trip to Ireland. My friend Rachael has been living there for six months and has been up my ass from the get go about making a trip over. Now, I’m still paying off my plane ticket to Australia and that was two years ago so I wasn’t really jumping at the chance to pay for another international plane ticket. However, our mutual friend Crystal (who introduced us in the first place) has discussed coming over there in April and Rach thought it’d be a great time for me to come to. It’d be nice to go over with someone. I mean, traveling alone has its perks but sometimes it’s good to have someone else to talk to besides the nice old lady in the aisle seat. Plus, I’ve always wanted to go to Ireland and with her being there, it’s an opportunity I can’t pass up! Apparently, the boys are pretty giving with the fun and drinks so that’s even less things I have to pay for. I mean, if I spend that money on boob shirts I doubt I’ll have to pay for anything while we’re out! What can I say? If you have them, you should use them for good, not evil… unless they really deserve it! So, I bought the subject up to my mom and she was way more gung ho than I thought she would be. She even went online to look up flights for me and Crystal. So, hopefully I’ll be heading to Ireland for a week in April to help Rach celebrate her birthday. I was kind of unsure about it but this opportunity will probably never come up again so I don’t see the point in wasting it. Speaking of Crystal - congratulations to Crystal and her husband Jamie on the birth of their son, Ben. She had him this afternoon by C-section so we’ll give her a little bit more time before we broach the Ireland subject.. ya know.. a few weeks! Anyway, now Emma has a baby brother. God save that child! Hopefully I’ll get some pictures in a few weeks so I’ll post one up here for all the world to see.

To add to the randomness of my life lately, this is what happened to me today: I got a text message on my phone that says “hey kara.” Pretty ordinary, right? Not quite. The phone number it’s from is 011-393-401278778. Swear to God. I even tried to find out if 393 was a country code but I got sick of looking for it. So, if you texted me from out of the country (I’ve called overseas enough to know that 11 is the code that gets you out of the country), let me know cause it’s just another day of me wracking my brains. I was going to text it back but I can only imagine what the charge for that would be, then I was afraid that it was just some sort of scam where they can steal my cell phone number and I’d get all these wacky charges thanks to my curiosity. So, if you can help me, I’d appreciate it!

Hope you enjoyed your Friday and I hope you enjoy this little comic that Lacey sent to me. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked out the 393 dialing code and it's not listed as a country code, except for one page where it's listed as Ireland (which I know isn't the case because it's 353 here) and 'Italy Mobile'. Do you have an Italian Stallion you failed to mention to me, young lady? ;-) Could have been a mis-dial...