Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Things are never what they seem

I did not go see Hollywoodland, as my friend Lynn “felt like ass” and didn’t want to go. I guess it’s ok because it wasn’t one of those movies I REALLY wanted to see, but I was really looking forward to popcorn for dinner. Oh well… such is life. Instead, J. and I went to Friendly’s cause I was jonesing for a Supermelt and we almost ran into my ex (the knocker-upper). He was there with a girl and at least one kid. Guess he’s practicing! I don’t think he saw me because he hasn’t mentioned it or maybe he’s doing what I’m doing and seeing who’s going to mention it first. I’m glad he didn’t see me though, because it could have been slightly awkward for everyone involved. But, considering the Friendly’s we went to is in a town that neither he nor I live in, it’s just amazing how small a world it can be.

When I got home my sister was on the phone with the cable company and apparently they’re sending someone out to the house to fix the DVR… ON SATURDAY!!! Are you serious? What the hell am I going to do? I guess I’ll need to read the recaps of Project Runway and America’s Next Top Model tomorrow. I’m going to threaten Sue with physical harm if she forgets to tape The Office (again) and I’m going to have to crash J.’s party Thursday night so I can hole up in his room and watch Grey’s Anatomy. I think I need to go to television rehab. Thank god Project Runway is almost over. I hope I don’t like Top Chef as much as Rob thinks I will, or else I’m really going to need meds.

Congratulations to my friends, Tara and Tim, who just let me know they are going to have their second baby! I’ve posted the most adorable picture ever of their son, Brady and for Tara’s sake, I hope the new baby is nowhere near his size. He was a hefty 10ish pounds at birth and I think it’s time to give Tara a little break on that one! Unfortunately, she managed to get knocked up before her 30th birthday so maybe we’ll have to do some big celebrating for the 3-1 instead! No idea when the baby’s due yet, but he/she should be the late spring/early summer baby they had been hoping for (or didn’t know they were hoping for, as the case may be).

After J. and I got home from Friendly’s he made me watch the show “The Unit.” Let me say, I’m a big fan of men in uniform so I wasn’t really against watching it, but I wasn’t really thrilled either. However, I got completely sucked into it. I don’t watch anything on Tuesday at 9 (at least not religiously) so I might have to start watching it on a regular basis.

Today, my friend Jeromy (Happy Birthday Jeromy!!!!) sent me this movie title quiz where the people are missing. All you can see is their clothes like they are the invisible man or something. It’s actually very cool! There are 60 movie titles. I’ve gotten 45 so far and that’s with LOTS of thinking. Anyway, I don’t know if anyone has seen this quiz online because I REALLY need to know what the answers are. Jeromy and I are going to compare what we have (because it’s his birthday, I’ll admit he has 49 answers) and hopefully get some more answers. I’d link you to it, but I have no idea where it is. I want to say it’s something I’ve seen before in Entertainment Weekly but I’m not positive. Any insight would be greatly appreciated by everyone that’s sent me an email asking what the answers are!

Well, it’s Project Runway Reunion Day and Hump Day. What more could a girl ask for? THEIR F’N DVR TO WORK, THAT’S WHAT!!!!!

Don’t ruin it for me unless it’s something I’ll need to know before this weekend.

No comments: