Monday, October 02, 2006

Money makes the world go round..

I had a pretty lucrative weekend when ya think about it. I left work around 2 pm on Friday as I had 3.5 hours of extra time last week. Granted, if I had a brain in my head I would have worked and taken the overtime money, but I really needed some time out of the office to get a few things done so that’s what I did. I met J. for lunch at Applebee’s where I then met one of his best friends. That went pretty well I think! I then got paid from my side job and while I should have had her write the check straight out to my sister, I fondled it for a bit and then deposited it… and THEN wrote my sister the delayed rent check. Sorry Tre! I made it to bowling and we were bowling the blind team (for those non-bowlers, that’s when there is an odd number of teams in a league. The blind team is really no one) which means we have to sell the 50/50 tickets. I HATE selling the 50/50 tickets more than anything in the world. Ok.. not more than vegetables, but you get the point. I hate it. So, after an average first game we sold the tickets. Out of all the tickets we ripped, there was one strand left after we got through the bowling alley so I threw my $2 in for them. I subsequently won the $36 which didn’t look even slightly fishy, right? Tough noogies! So, I used $30 of it to pay for bowling and pocketed the extra $6. I had a pretty good last game so I won $9 in the jackpot. As I said, a lucrative bowling night. I met Tre and Danny at Melino’s for ONE beer that turned into 4 or 5. I then lost my jackpot money playing liar’s poker. Tre and Danny didn’t want to stop playing so they kept giving me dollar bills to play with, which is when I pulled out all the stops and won all my money back and then some. I ended up coming home with just as much money as I left the house with AND some Taco Bell. Friday was a good day.

Saturday I began to catch up on my Netflix viewing. I watched The Notebook which was a very good movie. I’m not really one for period movies. Granted, it was only set in the 1940’s or 50’s but still. I like my movies in modern times. I had expected way more on the crying factor because A. I am a sap and B. I cry at the Maxwell House commercial when the kid comes home from the Army. So, I planned to be sobbing my brains out come the end of this flick. I found it to be slightly predictable, but still good. Sadly, I cried more watching The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants on HBO the next day. Don’t get me wrong, I teared up, but friends of mine were insisting I would be weeping. Not the case. Sunday I also watched Brokeback Mountain. Goodness, they didn’t waste any time with the man on man lovin’! I guess I didn’t expect the sex to be that early in the movie and so.. well.. violent! I think I just thought there’d be lots of making out, not full on anal. Ok.. so it wasn’t FULL-ON, but you get the point. It was a pretty good movie.. A little slow and I’m pretty sure if this was a movie about a man and a woman no one would have gotten Oscar nods (except Michelle Williams - trampy Jen sure has come a long way). I mean, kudos to Hollywood for embracing the man on man love story, but playing gay should not equal an Oscar nomination.

Anyway, Saturday was my friend Sarah’s 30th b’day/housewarming party. I didn’t get to take any pictures because J. and I weren’t able to stay that long as we had to go to my sister’s soccer game. Cross town rivalry! You can’t miss that stuff. Anyway, her team won continuing their undefeated streak and even had a pretty good article written about them in the Times Union. For those of you that don’t know, Ichabod Crane is in the Patroon Conference which isn’t the most illustrious of them all. So, for the Times Union (an Albany based paper) to write about them, well, they must be doing something right! Tre was pretty excited about it when she got the call last night so hopefully they can keep their momentum going. Words of advice: DON’T bring your new man to a game coached by your sister when he has played the sport she’s coaching. That’s all I’m going to say. I learned my lesson and J. won’t be accompanying me to another soccer game. Maybe we’ll try it again come softball season.

Today has been a really slow day which is going to morph into a really slow week as most of our attorneys will be at a conference in Chicago this week. I’m not complaining really, but it’s kind of hard to find things to do when there’s no one to give you work! I feel a sick day coming on..

I ordered this adorable lunch bag today. Granted, I won’t be able to get it for another 8-12 weeks but I had to order it because there weren’t many left. There were three options but only one left when I went online to buy it. It’s for a great cause (The Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation) and $5 of the $9.95 cost will be donated. I say go online and get yours before they run out!

Hmm.. I’m trying to think of some good gossip but I’m coming up with nothing. I’ve got to bowl for my father in his league tonight. It’s mostly men and way more competitive than mine so I’m a little nervous about it. I did pretty well when I did it last year but that was much further into the season. Luckily, the guy I’m supposed to bowl is in Vegas this week so that will help alleviate the pressure. I love Vegas. I wanted to go real bad and he said if I bought the tits, he’d bring the money. I don’t know about you, but it sounds like a good deal! I mean, I DO have tits. I really should learn to use them for good and not evil……

Well, it’s the end of a Monday and I hope everyone was able to get through it. Happy Yom Kippur to my Jewish friends (of which I’m unsure that I have any) and have a great night everyone.

PS - the DVR was put in Saturday and Tre and I have already begun to reserve tapings of shows. Our first chance will be when we tape Heroes tonight. Therefore, there will be no Heroes recap unless we watch it when we get home later. I think I almost jumped the cable guy, I was so happy that he was there. I think he would have liked it…

No comments: