Thursday, October 05, 2006

I've heard TV watching is overrated anyway

I really don’t have much to say today. I’m just trying to fill up some time. Is that so bad? This whole boyfriend thing is really ruining my television watching. I don’t know why he doesn’t want to watch Project Runway, America’s Next Top Model and Dancing with the Stars! (ok.. he did watch Dancing with the Stars with me once but if he knew I told anyone that he’d probably punch me in the throat - not quite as messy as the face.. remember that one kids). Instead, we went to the mall and dinner, then watched X-Men 3: The Last Stand. I had already seen it, but since he was awake after 10:00 (occupational hazard when you work at 4am) I sucked it up and watched it again. I really did like it in the theater and if I happened to fall asleep it’d be ok! Anyway, he did like it as an action movie, but as an “X-Men purist” it wasn’t that great because pretty much everyone (well, the bad guys) died. They were introduced, then annihilated. No seriously, their bodies exploded. Good times.

While I didn’t watch the shows, I can still report on them. Monique, the uppity bitch, got booted from America’s Next Top Model. From what I heard she got sick, skipped the photo shoot and then got booted. I’ll try to watch the rerun on Sunday night but make no guarantees as I have Monday off and will more than likely be attempting to ingest my body weight in alcohol. My sister and two friends are going skydiving Sunday morning so it should be an entertaining day. I’m just going up to watch. Hell, I paid for the skydive, isn’t that enough? Anyway, ANTM - well, as we saw in the preview, Monique and Melrose had it out (verbally, although I’d love to see that catfight) and everyone hates Monique. SHOCKER! So, I guess she and Eugena (who doesn’t impress me) were in the bottom two and it was time for Monique and her diva like behavior to hit the road. I’m almost sad because she would be great television, but there is only room for one diva on that show and it’s Tyra! In the shock heard round the dancing world, Vivica A. Fox was booted from Dancing with the Stars! I didn’t see the show, but she was one of the last ones I expected to go. Apparently Jerry Springer wasn’t even in the bottom two, which in itself is quite a feat. A newcomer to the bottom two was Monique, the girl whose last name I can’t remember and probably never will. I’m telling you, it’s all about fan base. I mean, Vivica is probably slightly more of a star than most of the others and maybe that’s what turned them off. Or it could be the old “Chris Daughtry” where everyone just assumes people are voting for you, so they don’t. Either way, we still have Jerry’s flat footed performances to look forward to for at least another week.

I was listening to my Ipod at work today (as I’m apt to do) and between Breaking Benjamin and a song from the Avenue Q soundtrack (I shit you not) the song “Only You” by Yaz came on. I happened to hear it on my XM a few weeks back and had to download it. For those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about, I’m pretty sure it’s the song that is played at the end of “Can’t Hardly Wait” when Ethan Embry is full on making out with Jennifer Love Hewitt in the train station. Anyway, this got me thinking about the movie Can’t Hardly Wait, which got me thinking about songs from movies. Not necessarily the whole movie soundtrack, just one particular song that gets into your head. I’m talking “good” songs, not My Heart Will Go On from Titanic. God I hate that movie. Anyway, I’ve come up with a Top 5 of sorts, not necessarily because they’re great songs, but because they always remind me of the movie they’re from when I hear them. Here goes:

Tiny Dancer - Almost Famous: Come on! The scene on the bus where they’re all singing together after pretty much fighting the whole tour is priceless. Great movie moment.
The Hurricane - Dazed and Confused: All that song reminds me of is Matthew McConaughey, terrible 70’s haircut and all, wandering through the pool hall in those ugly, but very well fitted pants.
Spin the Bottle - Reality Bites: I don’t remember where this song is in the movie, but I think it’s the greatest soundtrack ever and I guess when it came out I just thought it was really cool for a girl to say “fuck” in a song. Especially about someone else.
Little Bastard - Empire Records: “My name isn’t fucking Warren.” So appropriate.
Sister Christian - Boogie Nights: Ah, how the mighty have fallen.

Granted, they’re just opinions (I mean, isn’t that what blogging’s for?) and you don’t have to like them, but I do.

Newsflash: Rumor has it, Vince Vaughn is back on the market. Yes, that was a bad Jennifer Aniston reference but I bet most of your are too ashamed to admit you totally got it. Anyway, seems like they might have broken up and I’ve still got a shot. Life is good. Tomorrow is a payday Friday and it’s a long weekend. Yep… Life is good.

No comments: