Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Sometimes a mind is a good thing to change

So, I’m kind of starting to like the twins on America’s Next Top Model. I know, I bitched about them when the show started which is probably wrong of me considering I should take care of my own. I’m not saying I think they’re attractive, but they are growing on me. They have taken pretty good pictures all along and now that their personality is coming out I’m really starting to like them. I’m getting a little nervous because the only one that seems to have not done well in the photo shoot is my girl A.J. Their photo shoot this week is celebrity couples, of which they played both people. It was pretty entertaining.

On to the most important thing: PROJECT RUNWAY! The second part of the finale airs at 10 p.m. and I’m anxiously awaiting its arrival. I hate to predict who will win, because I don’t think it’s fair. I mean, we’ve already seen picture of their collections so it’s kind of an unfair advantage. I admit, I liked Jeffrey’s collection. Do I want to admit that? Absolutely not. But, I can’t really pick him because I don’t even know if he’s REALLY still in the running. The editing on this week’s clips make it look like he’s not there, but those kids at Bravo sure are sneaky! I adore Michael and really wish he’d win, but I don’t think his collection was that great. Laura and Uli both kind of did their thing that we’re used to seeing and I don’t know if they’ll be rewarded for that. I guess what I’m saying is that it’s anyone’s game and I’ll be as surprised as the next guy over whoever wins. Last year I wanted Daniel to win, but I liked Santino’s collection the best. However, he also thought outside of the box but was not rewarded for doing so. You just never know where the judges will go so I’m not going to make a prediction. Is that fair? Not really. But I’m pretty much happy with whoever wins (as long as it’s not Jeffrey). I mean, Santino at least had his Tim Gunn impressions to fall back on. Jeffrey’s got nothing!

So let me tell you what happened to me this morning: At 1:45 am, J’s cell phone rang. He jumped out of bed to answer it but then just turned off the ringer without answering the call. I asked him who it was and he said “someone I don’t want to talk to.” Um yeah, that wasn’t an answer. So, the voicemail alarm goes off and I said “if someone’s calling me at 1:45 am on a Tuesday, I’d probably want to know why (hint hint).” His response was “it’s a drunk dial” and he subsequently went to bed. It never ceases to amaze me how easily and quickly men can fall asleep. He left for work around 3:30 and around 4 am I fell into the toilet (he left the seat up). As I dried off, I couldn’t stop thinking about how it was kind of shady that he wouldn’t tell me who was on the phone. I texted him later to let him know I thought it was shady. I’m not really the suspicious type to go through his cell phone while he’s in the shower, ya know? I figure, just ask. So, he called me as soon as he got out of work and we discussed it. He told me who it was and didn’t even realize he was being shady. It was pretty late and he was very shocked that the phone even rang. So, we’re still giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one. I trust him 100% so that was never an issue. I just wanted an explanation. I’m a girl. Curiosity is our thing. I was afraid he’d be upset, thinking I don’t trust him, but he hasn’t mentioned it so I think it’s all good. He’s even going to get me an oil change on Friday. Boyfriends can be a pretty good thing to have. I hate getting my oil changed because I always end up paying way more than I need to because I know nothing about cars. Now all I have to do is hand over a check. I like it that way.

Ok, it’s kick off time on America’s Next Top Model AND Dancing with the Stars. Bottom two on DWTS are Joey and Jerry. Bottom two on ANTM are Jaeda and AJ. Now, I’m particular to AJ, and I think Jaeda should go because she’s been in the bottom two a couple times already. AJ has done some great pictures and she deserves a second chance. Let’s see what the judges decide:

It’s AJ – she’s gone!? I don’t f’n believe it. Damn you Tyra! Damn you! To quote my friend Tim Burger “it’s racial.” (You might not find that funny but if you knew the hand signal that goes with it, it’d knock your socks off). NO ONE got booted from Dancing with the Stars thanks to Sara Evans. Thank god I have Project Runway to look forward to. My thoughts on that to come on Thursday!

No comments: