Thursday, January 31, 2008

GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!

Just kidding...

I'll get back to the game but first of all, let me give you the lowdown on last night's post:

I brought my W-2 forms to my parent's house, as my mom does my taxes on Turbo Tax. I had a weird feeling that I wasn't getting shit back this year, but that's just me. Anyway, I went to Shoprite after I dropped them off and she called me shortly after with the great news that instead of the $1200 I got back last year, I'd be getting $500. And oh yeah... $4 back from the State. I was seriously standing in the aisle wanting to cry. I mean, I'm one of those people who really count on a good amount of money so I can save a substantial amount and maybe make a really good credit card payment. Not happening. Come to find out, the reason is that when I did my W-4 form for my new job, I put 2 instead of 0. Well, if you read the form it says "if no one else can claim you as a dependent, put 1" and then "if you are single and have one job, put 1" which gives me a grand total of 2. Do I feel stupid for doing it? Not really cause if you read the form, I did just what it said. Still, I really wanted Paychex to be to blame and not myself. So yeah.. I fucked myself and don't come around asking me for money cause you're barking up the wrong tree. I did manage to change it today so at least I can be pleasantly surprised next year when I get a substantial windfall (at least for me). For some reason, that's not really making me feel better right now. I'm now anxiously awaiting George W. Bush's refund in the Spring more than I was before.

On to the grocery store: So, while this conversation with my mom was going down, I was trying to get my shopping done at Shoprite. I needed some things so I could make my dip for Superbowl Sunday. Anyway, I walked around the store three times before I found the 100 calorie Reese's bars I wanted and I never did find a bag of pecans. I had no idea it'd be so hard to find a plain bag of pecans.. not chopped! I get to the checkout and realize I got one box of Reese's bars and one of York Peppermint Patty. Well that wouldn't do so I got out of line and made the swap. I got back in line but the one I was in initially was much longer so I went into the one next to it. The woman in front of me had TONS of stuff but hey, that's what happens at the grocery store. So, her total is $252.44 and she gives the girl a check. No problem, right? It was a starter check, which Shoprite doesn't take. She freaked out just a little and then went SOMEWHERE to get the money. The girl at the register has to suspend this woman's order so she doesn't have to ring everything in again before she can start my order. Does she know how to do this? Of course not, so now we wait for another girl to come and help. They finally get everything situated and I am able to get out of there, probably 10-15 minutes later than I had anticipated. I ALWAYS get into the wrong checkout line. It's a curse..

Ok.. soccer game. We beat the Red Moms 6-4 but it was a well fought battle, and when I say fought I mean it quite literally... almost. The first goal was scored almost instantly by the Wu-Tang, but the Red Moms countered with three quick goals. One was so quick that no one even saw it go by, not even our goalie! We ended up tying the score so at the half it was 3-3. There was this one girl with curly hair who was kind of pushy, but so are we so we just pushed back. She kept it up and at one point I told her that if she put her elbows up to me one more time she was going to find out what it felt like. Anyway, Karrie is VERY aggressive and very fast. She has to be as most of the time she plays with the guys. Well, she knocked into this girl quite a few times, but she deserved it as she was pushing Karrie as much as Karrie was pushing her. Anyway, Karrie knocked her down and she started saying stuff about it and that got EVERYONE talking. At one point their goalie got the ball and started a diatribe about how "it's a recreational mom's league" and we should go up to Level 1. I was on the bench at this point and shouted "yeah, we tried that. it didn't work out." The ref was making calls so if he thought it was over the top and not playing the ball, he would have called it. At one point he even said "it was an accident." I mean, if you think we're playing too aggressive then either get off the field or step up your game! We're not gonna come down to your level. When we did, we were tied. It's not like we were kicking their ass or anything. If that were the case I could see why people would want us to not be at that level. Oh well.. just one more team that doesn't like us. We'll live.. we're from Hudson.. We're used to it. We were chatting after the game and one girl from the other team was left and simply said that she never got pushed and that there are people on their team with big mouths so we didnt' feel as bad. Ok, who am I trying to kid? We didn't feel bad in the first place. If you're 50 years old and can't hang, maybe it's time to quit.

The team we play next week is the team we beat by a goal when Tre scored and they didn't have all their players on the field. They might be out for blood, which would be a nice change from the whiny old bitches we've been playing lately.

I'm out of here in an hour or so. My cousin Laura is on the bowling team at Columbia Greene, my sister coaches and my Dad assistant coaches, so my mom and I are going to head up the match in Troy. They have no shot of winning, but it's always nice to have spectators!

I might try to catch the premiere of Eli Stone tonight. I mean, it's Jonny Lee Miller (from Hackers) and he has hallucinations of George Michael. It sounds like a match made in heaven to me! Enjoy your Thursday and drive safe tomorrow.. it's supposed to get a tad messy!

No comments: