Thursday, January 03, 2008

Wu Tang Killer Bees

We won our first game of the session last night, 2-0. Again, we were yelled at (by the other team) for being what they call pushy.. we call it playing aggressively. My sister is REALLY aggressive. I mean, if you push her, she'll push you back and that's how it should be! Last night she kicked the ball right into this woman's stomach. She went down like a ton of bricks and (honest to god) began to whimper like a puppy on the ground. There was probably about 10 minutes left in the half when this happened and she went out for the duration. When she came in for the second half she was STILL holding her stomach. Come on lady... get over it! I don't know what the deal is with all the drama queens!!!! Anyway, I got in front of this girl during a throw in and when I backed up, she fell down.. Ok, my ass might have made contact, but that's not really my fault.. we were both going for the ball. Well, their psycho old goggle wearing goalie starts SCREAMING at the ref "CALL THAT." He just looked at her, as there was nothing to call. I really thought she was going to throw punches when Tre ended up in the goal after a corner kick. What these people don't understand is that bitching will get them nowhere, and only revs us up even more! They were saying we should be in the first division, but we vehemently disagree. The people in the highest level are WAY faster than us and while we're improved considerably, it's still not time to go up. I mean, we only beat them 2-1 (granted, one goal came off one of our defenders, but who's counting?). However, we acquired a few new players and while they're nice to have and are both pretty talented, it's less playing time for everyone. I feel like I didn't even play last night and I'm used to being exhausted and sweating my ass off! Oh well, it was still a fun night out, as usual! Then again, tell that to my purple thigh!!!

I've decided I'm going to tell J what his sister in law said. I just don't want him to hear about it from her, as I have a feeling it wouldn't quite come out the right way. Hopefully he'll just be pissy at her for getting all up in his business, and not me for responding, even though I think I responded pretty diplomatically!

I finished my application at HVCC for the Radiologic Technology Program, but it's making me nervous. I really don't think I'm going to get in, as I have no hospital experience and any math and science courses I took were AGES ago! My friend Danny is looking into it too, and he'll have no problem getting in as he has countless hours of patient experience and has already taken some of the required courses. We'll see how it goes. Applications are due February 1, so I'm just waiting to get my transcripts so I can send them in. Apparently Castleton sent mine out on the 21st and I have yet to receive it. They seem to think it's because of the holidays. Really? Two weeks!? That seems a little crazy.. I told the woman that if I didn't get it by Monday I'd be calling back.. CGCC hasn't sent mine yet either, but they've been closed for a few weeks. It looks like they took the five bucks from my checking account though, so I imagine I'll get them any day now. I have to wait until I get my transcripts to see if I'll need a copy of my high school transcript. You would think I wouldn't as I have a bachelor's degree, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Chris and I went to see No Country For Old Men this weekend. It was one of those movies where I really had no idea what I thought of it. I don't know if it's because I didn't really know what to expect from it or what, but we both left the theater saying "huh.... I don't know if I got it." I watched Hotel Rwanda on New Year's Day and that was a pretty good movie. I was unaware of the story prior as in 1994 I was a self absorbed high school senior, but I was appalled at how things went down and thought the movie was great. I mean, sometimes it's just amazing what one person can accomplish. I also confirmed that I am not a fan of Woody Allen or Diane Keaton movies and together, well I'd rather not discuss it. I'd been looking forward to seeing Annie Hall for quite some time. I fell asleep near the end and didn't even bother to watch it over again, as I just wasn't interested. I was sorely disappointed by my lack of love for the movie, in all honesty. I have Mighty Aphrodite coming in the mail today, so I guess I'll try to give Woody another shot. Diane Keaton... not so much.. I doubt I'll be lining up to see Mad Money, let's put it that way.

That's all for this Thursday.. not much news except that Britney Spears is apparently too difficult to handle as a client for her attorney... Yeah.. like this attorney would be the first to say so! Enjoy your day and remember, tomorrow is Friday... Woo Hoo!!!!

No comments: