Friday, February 01, 2008

Where's the ice?

I'm sitting at work with little to do, waiting for the ice to come that's been forecast. All the schools have been closed (except one) in anticipation and so far we've gotten a whole lot of nothing. I just really want it to come and get over with before I have to drive home, that's all. Is that too much to ask for the weather to NOT f up my commute either way? I think not.

Last night I rolled change. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to. I've had $7 in my pocket all week and that's all I have (ya know, besides my paltry savings and checking accounts) so I managed to roll $23 to get me through the weekend. I had made these great plans with J to go to the Siena/Rider game on Saturday because I can usually get tickets for free in the First Niagara box. Well, apparently someone's son goes to Rider so the seats are GONE. So now I either have to pony up for the tickets or we don't go. I can't decide what to do cause I also have to hit up the mall, and since some of the buying is for me and will contain some dressing rooms and such, I don't know if he'll really want to go. I was looking forward to having a whole day with stuff to do, as we both have separate Superbowl Party plans. Not to mention, I need to make my stuff for the party AND go to a baby shower that morning (which don't get me started on).

So, that's what's going on. I'm actually skipping bowling tonight so I can go to my friend's wine-tasting party. I do not like wine, but I'm hoping this will give me the opportunity to try things and find one that I do like. With her tax money my sister is doing over our bathroom, complete with a bathtub, and I can see myself lounging in it after a hard day with a glass of wine and some cucumbers on my eyes, just like in the movies. More than likely I"ll be in it with a Coke Zero trying to ge the bubbles to stay long after the water has gone cold, but whatever.. it's the thought that counts. Have a great weekend!

PS - Do I really have to say anything about Britney that hasn't been said.. let the girl be crazy in peace and get the help she so obviously needs!

No comments: