Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ramifications

Yeah... I got read the riot act for leaving early on Friday, so yesterday was one of those days at work that could NOT go by any quicker, even if I had a time machine. Things were just tense and annoying, so blogging was not at the top of my list.

I know.. the Oscars.. I wish I had more to say, but there weren't really that many train wrecks on the red carpet as usual! It was kind of disappointing. Granted, Rebecca Miller (wife of Daniel Day Lewis) looked a fright, and I really wasn't a fan of Ellen Page, although I adore her as an actress. Diablo Cody refused to wear a pair of Stuart Weitzman shoes designed for her cause she was a stripper, but she's no whore (Ok.. I made that one up myself, but you get the drift). Other than that, red was a big color.. the pregnant girls looked pretty and MOST men did it right.. MOST.. PS - how did Wesley Snipes get a ticket to the Oscars? I was glad Diablo Cody won for Juno.. great flick.. I am kinda glad No Country For Old Men won so much, but I still don't quite "get" the movie. I think Chris (who went with me) will agree.. Javier Bardem sure does clean up nice though, doesn't he? LOVED that they let the girl that won for Best Song come on and give her speech... what a great Oscar moment. J SWORE he wouldn't watch the Oscars after we got home from dinner, so I should thank Jon Stewart for keeping his attention long enough for me to see what I needed... well.. or at least for him keeping the tv on until he went to bed and I had full rein of the remote :).

My cousin Chrissy and I went to see Definitely, Maybe last night. It was a really cute movie.. after the day I'd had, it was nice to relax and laugh, even though Ryan Reynolds refused to take off his shirt..

J went with me to my cousin Chrissy's boyfriend's 40th birthday party Saturday night. He drove.. shaved.. and wore grown up clothes. It was a banner evening! We actually had a good time. I wasn't sure how it would go cause he didn't really know anyone and sometimes he's not the most stunning conversationalist with people he doesn't know, but he did really well and I think (although I doubt he'll ever admit it )that he had a decent time. I know I did.. at least what I remember of it... Let's just say I passed out mighty quick when we got home.

I hope to be back with more later, but for now I shall leave you with this: Yesterday I got a call on my cell phone from a 456 number, which is from Albany. Immediately I think it's the State calling me for an interview. SWEET! They leave a message and when I check it, it's this VERY young sounding girl named Dawn calling me from New York..... & Company. The Store. To remind me I have their "city cash" to spend this weekend. Yeah.. talk about jumping to conclusions..

No comments: