Monday, February 04, 2008

Whod've Thunk?

The Giants beat the Patriots to win the Super Bowl! It really was a great game from start to finish (especially when they showed Peyton cheering on his baby bro) and how sweet that win was? I mean, besides Pats fans, who DIDN'T want the Pats to get beat after that stellar season? Any by the Giants no less.. Unreal.. It was a great game and a great party, even if I was too stuffed from the baby shower to enjoy all the food that came along with it.

It's possible that an end may be drawing near to the writer's strike! I ain't one to gossip and you didn't hear this from me, but it looks like things are moving along and there could be an agreement by the end of the week. Thank god.. I really need my TV back. I know it probably won't be until late Spring, if not Fall, but I'll take what I can get.

Matt Damon has moves... that's all I'll say. Well, that and for once in my life, I wish I was a tall, skinny Jewish girl...

The weekend FLEW by.. Friday night I had a wine tasting party at a friend's house. I really didn't anticipate finding anything I liked, but there was one white and one red wine that I managed to finagle Tre into buying so I could drink them too. My friend also pulled out another red wine I really liked, that's made by her family's winery. I'm going to have to finagle a way to get another bottle out of her, that's for sure! Later on that night I picked J up from the bar and ended up hanging out for a few hours which was NOT on the agenda. I was a little tired and not really in a "going out mood" but when he fell flat on his ass on a sheet of ice outside the bar, my night was made. I have to give him credit - he was trying so hard to get me across the ice and make sure I didn't fall that he wasn't paying as much attention to himself. Oh yeah.. priceless. He was a tad sore on Saturday, that's for sure.

Saturday morning we went to breakfast (my thank you for picking him up) and then I hit the gym for a bit. After that, I hit the mall. BIG mistake. J was going to go with me and I'm glad he didn't because it was jam packed and hotter than hell. I tried to get through pretty quickly, which only made me hotter! I used my gift card to get two pairs of jeans and the cutest shirt ever at the Gap. I only got one because I figured they'd be $10 less in two weeks, but I really wanted it in every single color. I had to fill out this survey for the Gap and that got me 20% off a single item so I might be going back to get another one. I also got my dad a gift card to the mall, so he could get some new sunglasses. Today is his birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD) so I was kind of strapped for time. Anyway, after that I went to NY & Co. to see if I could get some new pants. Yeah.. I found some pants.. some belts.. some socks and a shirt. Thank god I had a coupon cause I didn't expect to get that much stuff. I finally was able to hightail it out of there and make it home without peeing my pants, which was a feat in and off itself. The bathrooms at the mall are so f'n gross and I was NOT waiting in line forever to hover over the seat. Anyway, J came down after that and we hit the diner for dinner (as per usual). After that we went to see The Eye, which was not as bad as I had anticipated. I had narrowed down the field to three movies and let him choose. The Eye was the one I wanted to see the least. He has a tendency to do that. Anyway, we were both pretty beat for some reason and were asleep by 10 p.m. (I like to think of it as gearing up for the Superbowl). Around 2 am my bathroom light went on, which was a little freaky considering J and I were both still in bed. I asked who was there. As nervous as I was, I figured a thief or rapist wouldn't be turning lights on, right? It was my sister, looking for a thermometer. Apparently, she had spend the last 15 minutes or so throwing her guts up and wanted to know if she had a fever. I got it for her and tried to go to bed, but through closed doors and a flight of stairs I could still hear her puking. J said she was still doing it when he left at 4:30. When I got up to go to the gym on Sunday, she said she hadn't done anything since about 6 am so I guess that was a step in the right direction. However, she did have a fever. Great.. I'm counting down the days until I start tossing my cookies. I hate puking.. It's just the most awful feeling in the world and so uncontrollable. So yeah.. no Superbowl for Tre.

After I went to the gym, I had to get ready for this baby shower I had to go to. I was really looking forward to it because it was a brunch, which is the best meal of the day, hands down. However, it was a baby shower for my friend's second baby. She just had her first baby three years ago. I've never known anyone to have a second baby shower unless it's been a really long time since the first child and/or it's a different sex. Even then, I don't think I've known anyone to have an affair such as my friend's, meaning her mom and sister threw it and it was at a restaurant, not a pot luck thing at a firehouse. Being that it was on Superbowl Sunday and I had tons to do in the first place, I have to admit I wasn't thrilled to be going. But, I went, I ate and I had a good time. It was actually nice because my friends that have kids don't really have the opportunity to get together with those of us that don't, so we had a fun time gossiping and such. It was a little strange though, as there were five of us there and the rest was family. I mean, it just seemed like an unnecessary extreme to go to, but that's just me. After that, I went home and lapsed into a food coma for a few hours (SOOOOO stuffed... the omelette and cheesecake were WAY over the top) before I made my chicken wing dip, which came out really great. I wasn't even close to hungry by the time I went to the party, but Moxie bought Moxie's pizza, so how could I turn that down!? I wasted $10 on shitty squares, but enjoyed the beer, the game and the company. Also, my under the weather sister picked me up from the party. What more could a girl ask for!?

Alone in the office today.. My co-worker is sick (not flu bug sick like tre) and my boss is on trial. I'm supposed to be going to the Total Body Sculpt class at the gym tonight with my friend Tara, but I haven't heard from her yet. I'd be ok with it if she changed her mind, but I'm really curious about the class. She took it last week and said it was really good so I'll have to take her word for it. Prior to that, I have to go to my parent's house for dinner for my dad's birthday. I'm not looking forward to it only because my dad is also sick and I don't think it'd be smart for me to eat before this class. I might have to take a doggie bag with me instead! Seriously, if I don't get sick it'll be a miracle.

Happy Superbowl Monday.... hope you get over those hangovers, and those disappointments (Pats fans.. i'm talking to you).

No comments: