Thursday, February 07, 2008

Soccer Recap and then some

I heard this on the radio first thing this morning, but I wasn't really awake so I wasn't sure if it's true. To be honest, I'm still not sure it's true.

Unfortunately, this IS true. Maybe she really is an actress. I mean, if she was able to convince medical staff that she was not a danger to herself and others, pass her the Oscar!!!

McSteamy, Eric Dane, has been treated for skin cancer. I guess things have gone well though, and he seems to be recovering nicely.

Let's get down to business.. Wu-Tang pulled out another win last night, beating The Mamms 6-4. Honestly, we should have kicked their ass, but we were ahead by 4 or 5 at the half and got a little sloppy. They stepped up their game, while ours fell down the ladder, feet first. I am never scoring, as I'm a terrible offensive player and have since given up. So, if I do happen to score, it'll most certainly be a fluke of epic proportions. Four of us went up early to scout out Sunshine, the other undefeated team we'll be playing next week. They're very good. Their passing is excellent and I just hope we can get in their way. Of course, their best player will be on my side of the field so I'm going to have to stop playing like shit. It'd be a nice change for me. Anyway, as it got closer and closer to game time, there were still only four of us on the bench. One of our girls chickened out, as she was sliding all over the road, and two more we didn't have phone numbers for. Luckily, we ended up with just enough players and we played Iron Woman soccer through the whole game. The ride home had it's sketchy moments, but once we got closer to Hudson, things really weren't that bad. The kiddies didn't even get a delay this morning, so it couldn't have been that bad!

It's getting to the end of the week, thank goodness. Things have been a little slow here and while I haven't felt 100%, I certainly haven't felt bad enough for a sick day. It's inevitable that if I take a sick day when I'm not really sick, I'll get REALLY sick shortly after. Last night I really thought I was getting the bug my sister had. My stomach just felt... weird. I was up most of the night thinking I was going to start puking at any minute, but I've managed to keep everything down so I guess it was just a false alarm. I'm still pretty beat though. I collapsed into my bed after the soccer game last night. Granted, it was 11:30 and I didn't feel good, but I didn't even brush my teeth or wash my face. I just wanted to be in my nice, warm bed and I had second thoughts about getting out of it this morning. It was so dark and cocoon like that I just didn't see the point in getting out of it.. Except for the fact that, ya know... I have a job and all..

No comments: