Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Like a fine wine?

Now, I know people age. It's a fact of life. However, there are some celebrities you can look at now and in their prime and be like.. "damn.. that was a nice looking man in his day." Examples: Paul Newman, Robert Redford and even Marlon Brando. I mean, years from now young girls will probably look at Brad Pitt and be like "damn.. if he were 40 yours younger I'd tap that.." However, one of those people I don't think was ever a good looking man (young or old) is Jon Voight. Last night I watched Midnight Cowboy and while his body was decent, looks-wise he wasn't what I would pull off the street if I were looking for a hustler. I'd probably expect him to pay me for the sex instead of vice versa (much like he got finagled into doing fresh off the bus from Texas). I find it amazing that he spawned Angelina Jolie. She must have gotten whatever good traits he has (good hair back in the day? I don't know.. ) and the rest of the good stuff from her mother.

Speaking of that, my friends and I were talking about babies this weekend. Namely, ugly babies. I mean, babies in and off themselves are quite ugly when they first come out. They usually have to grow into their cuteness. I've never been one of those people who can see a particular person in the baby unless you put a baby picture of that person right up next to the baby. That's just how I am. We were commenting on how sometimes two really nice looking people can make a gorgeous baby and sometimes that baby is just butt skankin' ugly. That's why I've decided that when my time comes, I'm going to make a baby with someone that's not so attractive. I'd hate for my baby to suffer cause his/her parents are both attractive. I mean, I'd like to give the kid a chance for a normal life.

For those of you reading this blog for the first time... that was sarcasm...

Back to Midnight Cowboy... not a bad flick. Apparently it was rated X when it first came out in 1969, which I don't necessarily get. I mean, I saw Jon Voight's butt about 100 times and some boobs, so I guess those were taboo topics in the 60's, which is surprising. I enjoyed watching Dustin Hoffman as Ratso Rizzo way more. I knew the end way before it came, but it didn't change my view of the movie. I actually enjoyed it and now I can cross it off my list. I still have a hard time watching movies that aren't made in the last twenty years. I really don't know why, but I'm using Netflix to try to get myself over it.

No comments: