Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Running is HARD

I don't know if I've told you all, but my sister is under the impression that I'm running a boilermaker in Utica in June. I'm not sure how far that is, but for some reason I think it's somewhere between 13 and 15k. I have never run a 5k, so I'm a little concerned. I actually began this program called "From Couch to 5K" and am happy to report that I had run enough to jump right to Week 3. I am now on Week 4 and it's WAY harder than Week 3 was. Also, by next Friday I'm expected to be able to run two miles without stopping. Perhaps these goals are a little unrealistic.. I don't know. My reason for saying that is that I did my week 4 workout last night and was EXHAUSTED. I mean, dead as could be. J and I went to dinner and then vegged on the couch until I had enough energy (around 9 pm) to go upstairs to bed. I stayed awake until 9:30 just out of principle and then gave up. That, and my foot hurt kinda bad. I walk on the insides of my feet so I'm sure by running I'm putting pressure on places that aren't used to pressure. I really do need to go have my shoes professionally fitted in the near future. Maybe once I get that extra couple hundred from George W.

Congrats go out to Lexie, my friend Allyson's daughter. She competed in her school district wide spelling bee last night and came in 3rd out of roughly 30 kids. That, and she's only in fifth grade and was competing against kids that are older than her. She misspelled asparagus. Like my mom said "If you don't eat it, you shouldn't have to be able to spell it!" Regardless.. Great job Lex!!!

Tonight is soccer night, as per usual on this gloomy hump day. It's so gloomy here that I think I might stop by Allyson's and use her tanning bed to not only warm me up, but get me in the mood for the game. We're missing three people (including my sister who still hasn't gotten her appetite back from the nasty bug she had this weekend) so everyone has to show up and be on their "A" game. However, the weather is supposed to be kinda sketchy so I hope everyone shows up or else we'll have to forfeit which is so NOT good, considering we're undefeated. Our goalie actually suggested we "cancel" but we made sure she knew that Wu-Tang doesn't go out like that. Plus, my friend Amy is driving. She has a Pathfinder and no fear. It's a good combination. A few of us are actually going up early tonight to catch the game of the other undefeated team that we play next week. Plus, leaving at 8:00 makes it harder and harder to be motivated to play. We're thinking if we get out of the house earlier it won't be quite as bad. So what I'm trying to say is, the soccer game could get interesting tonight, but hopefully we'll pull out a win and not get involved in a brawl, like last week. Funny thing is, that team plays on the same field right before us tonight, so we get to watch their game too. I'm SURE we'll be on our best behavior ;).

Seems Heath Ledger died of an accidental prescription drug overdose. Damn shame.. His favorite movie of mine will still be "10 Things I Hate About You." What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good teen comedy and an Australian accent.

Rumor has it that former star Nolan Ryan will become the president of the Texas Rangers. Cal, for the love of God, TAKE A HINT!!!!

It's Ash Wednesday for all the Catholics out there, so do yourself a favor and don't tell someone you know that they have something on their forehead ok? It's SUPPOSED to be there! ANd for god's sake.. don't eat meat! I had myself a lovely PB&J for lunch so I'm all good.. Granted, I'm not necessarily a practicing Catholic or anything, but I'll support those that are. It's hump day, but it's probably wrong to hump on a Catholic holiday unless you're married... and use the rhythm method.. So don't hump 'em unless you're legally obligated to do so!

Tonight - new episodes of the Gauntlet and Project Runway, starring WWE Divas. I'm sure it'll get ugly in more ways than one!

No comments: