Friday, February 22, 2008

I want to date a guitarist

Sooooo sexy.. they have rhythm... usually they can sing... and a man holding a guitar is just hot!

Last night I went to see Alanis Morissette and Matchbox Twenty. I've seen them both before, but not for quite a long time. Anyway, the show was really phenomenal. It started right at 7:00 with an opening gig by Mutemath, who weren't that bad. I mean, usually I hate having an opening band, but they were definitely tolerable! Alanis came on around 7:45 and played for a solid hour. She played all her hits, and some new stuff, including a short version of the "My Humps" video that became a YouTube sensation last year. Matchbox Twenty stole the show though. They opened with "Let's See How Far We've Come" and never stopped. They played for over two hours, finally finishing with the song I'd waited all night to hear: Push. It was really great caue there were plenty of songs that I'd kind of forgotten about and it was reall cool to hear them again. I mean, they sound JUST like they do on their CD's and the showmanship is awesome. I wasn't close enough to get any really great pictures, but I sure did try!

I've had the house to myself all week but I really haven't had the opportunity to take any advantage of it. Tonight is my last night and here I sit, alone... and it's snowing. Awesome. I tried to convince J to come down REALLY early when the roads weren't that bad, but he wasn't biting. He's a snow driving wussy.. Don't get me wrong, so am I, but aren't these kind of extenuating circumstances? He bailed on me Wednesday night (accidentally) and last night I had the concert so it's been like, a normal week when the plan was for him to spend quite a bit of time here this week since he knows I really hate being alone at night. I hear EVERYTHING. I swear a car down the street could slam it's door and it would sound like it's in my driveway.

I did go to work this morning, but I left around 10:30. There really wasn't anything left for me to do, my boss wasn't there and I wanted to get out while the getting was good. I felt really bad about it once I got into Hudson and the roads were completely fine, bu tit's definitely gotten progressively worse. Believe it or not, I shoveled twice today. I should have taken a picture so everyone would believe me. I also ran two miles and with the shoveling, I'm a little beat. Bowling got canceled so it kind of worked out in that respect. It gave me the chance to catch up on all the shows I DVR'd over the past few days, at the very least. The Project Runway reunion was kind of anticlimactic. The drama gets better every week on the Gauntlet. America's Next Top Model narrowed it down to their 14 girls for this season in NYC and the expected pairing of Jen and Parker got booted from Big Brother. I was actually quite peeved that Parker didn't get a chance to really speak his mind, but his body language and facial expressions told it all. Seriously, if Jen and Ryan continue as a couple after they see what each other have said (ok.. what Jen has said about Ryan) on the show, I'll be shocked but hey... love conquers all, right?

J LO had her babies!!! What can I say? I always have a soft spot in my heart for anything that has to do with twins and she had a boy and a girl. Apparently it's one the highest amount paid for baby photos so far, or at least until Angelina lets go of her next DNA blessed spawn.

It's a terrible shot, but I agree that he still looks splendid regardless.

There was no soccer this week, as we had few people around during school break. Instead, a few of us girls went out to dinner. We had a really good time. I don't know if I can remember the last time I laughed so hard! I don't think any of us knew what to do with a free wednesday night. I mean, we've kind of gotten used to seeing each other every week!

There's more to tell, so I'll check back in later to try and make up for how much of a slacker I've been this week.

No comments: