Thursday, August 23, 2007

I don't feel so good

but i'm going to soldier on and even hit the gym this afternoon. I didn't go yesterday because I was exhausted, but today I'm less tired, just more... well.. throat hurty.. Such is life.. I guess you have to suffer for weight loss. Speaking of which, even though I was incredibly bad last week (or so I thought) I managed to lose 1.2 pounds. WAY better than I had anticipated, which may be why I'm trying so hard this week. I mean, if I can lose 1.2 and be a bad girl, imagine what being a good girl would get me (remember, we're talking about food.. nothing else). Guess we'll have to wait and see.

This week has been kind of tough to take. With my boss on vaca there isn't that much to do at the office, so I've tried to keep myself busy but it's difficult to do without getting on the internet and the crack pipe we call Myspace.. I'm relatively caught up on my gossip and hopefully I can enlighten you later. My night (and weekend for that matter) don't look to be too jam packed if my softball team forfeits saturday morning's game. Most of our team works for the local post offices so they don't have saturday mornings off. We have enough girls but we're having a little trouble filling up the spots for the guys. If we don't get enough by tomorrow, we'll just forfeit, be out of the tournament and save ourselves the gas we would have used driving to Nassau. But that means I'll have nothing to do, something my mother thinks is a great thing, but which bores me to tears. Guess I'll watch Zodiac and Amores Perros this weekend. They're both wicked long but what else do I have to do!? RELAX... cause next weekend is fair weekend.. there'll be beer tent pictures and corn dogs aplenty!!!!

Speaking of softball, I played late tuesday night for my friend Sarah's team. We lost 15-14 after a 9 run 6th inning. I felt kind of responsible as there was a play at home and i just couldn't hold onto the ball. It wasn't a bad throw, it just hit the center of my glove and bounced out before I could get my other hand on it. Anyway, that was when the score was 15-5 so it didn't seem like a big deal. Now I feel kind of bad about it and wonder what was said about me behind my back when I left. Then again, everyone was pretty nice and even thanked me for helping them out. I hope to see some of them at Sarah and Pete's shed burning party later on in September. The party happens to be the same day as the civil service test I signed up for today. NYS is offering Legal Assistant tests and I figured I might as well take them. They probably won't be offered for another couple of years and it can't hurt. I know nothing about them, and I'm a little concerned because I don't have a lot of experience with internet legal research, which is definitely a section of the test. Then again, if I bomb.. big deal! I already have a job.

I'm gonna hightail it out of here in a few, but i'll try to post more later since I plan to watch Top Chef. I checked out realityblurred today and managed to skip over a post that said something regarding a favorite on Top Chef being cut loose... is it finally time for my little Dale to hit the road? Or Tre? oh good god.. I need to watch it tonight cause I can't be in this reality show limbo.

No comments: