Monday, August 13, 2007

Another wild weekend

I'll get into that, but first.. the O's.

They took two of three from the Red Sox and won Sunday's game in the bottom of the 10th(?) on a three run home run by Kevin Millar. I can be sure that chapped the ass of the many Boston Red Sox fans in attendance at Camden Yards, as my friend Eryn was one of them. She texted and called me with taunts all afternoon and luckily, while she was talking smack about Millar, he smacked the ball out of the park. Karma's a bitch.

On another O's note, Cal Ripken was officially named US Sports Envoy to the State Department today. His first trip will be to China to promote teamwork and cross cultural communication. Seriously, if the man does anything more for baseball they'll have to crown him the patron saint of baseball.... not that I'm biased, but come on.. he's done a lot for the game and no one can deny that!

Ok.. weekend.. Saturday I went to the gym and headed down to Kingston to take care of a few errands before the BBQ we had that afternoon. My main goal was to bring my jeans back to the Gap. Guess what? There is no longer a Gap at the Kingston mall! So, I'm running around the mall (hoping it just moved to a new location within the mall) with the shipping bag full of jeans, looking like an idiot. Luckily, the girl at Old Navy was nice enough to give me a big shopping bag so I looked a little less.. well.. like an idiot. I got lots of good smelling candles at Yankee Candle and I hit up Lerner, just for earrings. $100 later I walked out. EVERYTHING was on sale, it was insane! I even got this really cute dress. Do I have anywhere to wear it? Not really, but when the time comes I won't have to go shopping, I'll already have it in my closet! The bbq turned into a haze of beer, CLR and beer pong and let's just say "baby did a bad bad thing" and leave it at that (in this scenario, I would be baby and the bad bad thing.. well.. I'm sure you can figure it out if you put your mind to it). I was put to bed around 11:30 but didn't get to sleep till 1:30ish.. still earlier than everyone else, as I was headed to Saratoga on Sunday.

I was able to get up and prepare stuff for the day and didn't feel too bad, which was unexpected. We got to the track by 11 and people were already loaded down with the chairs that were being given away. I mean, there were people with 12 or 13 in their hands walking out of the track! I just don't get it. It's a chair.. it doesn't even have arm rests or a place to put your beer. It's a canvas chair. People were waiting in line for over 2 hours just so they could get the extra chairs. It so wasn't worth it, but I did get mine and will put it to good use.. until it breaks. Anyway, no one won big (or at all really) but we stuck it out all day. It was beastly hot until the shade came over us and while I was drinking, I think I sweated it out all of my pores. I felt disgusting and was constantly distracted by the awesome food smells coming from every angle. However, I was a very good girl and bought my own food so I snacked and ate without having to buy a thing. I went a tad over on my points over the weekend because of the beer, but I'm still within my limits so I'm anxiously awaiting my weigh in on Tuesday. I'm also anxiously awaiting my birthday dinner on Tuesday. It should be Wednesday, but since pig out night is Tuesday, it only made sense to eat out on Tuesday night instead. I think we're going to the Olive Garden. I'm not a big fan, but mozzy sticks and fettucine alfredo should make me quite happy.. Not to mention breadsticks.. ENDLESS breadsticks! I'm curious to see what my sister got me for my birthday. She said she's not sure it's coming in on time and I really don't have a clue what it would be. I'd tell you what I got her, but there's an off chance she might read the blog so I don't want to ruin the surprise for her (You're welcome Tre).

Time for me to get a move on.. lots to do later.. laundry.. visiting my friend in town from France... and maybe making some phone calls, so I better get on the stick. Hope your Monday wasn't too terrible and I'll catch ya again soon!

No comments: