Monday, September 29, 2008

Another Monday, another annoying day at the gym. Luckily, I was only on the cardio machines, but I could see how packed it was and now I am convinced the best time to hit the gym is after 1:00. Do I want to be unshowered that long? No, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to keep her own sanity.

Speaking of not having anything to do, it seems I'll be watching someone's kid on Wednesday. Let's just say, the parents are desperate. They had a situation where they had to get their kid (9 months old) out of the current daycare and are kind of stuck until they can find another daycare place to take her. I'll be honest: I don't know if I've EVER watched a kid that young without help and yes, I might be calling my mom asking for advice, but J's sister asked if I could do it and well.. I had nothing better to do! And don't worry.. it's paid.. just don't tell the unemployment gods! They have some daycare interviews this week so I might only have to do it once, if at all. I'm kinda hoping for the "not at all" part. That's not a good sign, is it?

I have an interview Thursday morning, so we'll see how that goes. Apparently I'm "not reachable" for the Attorney General's office (how you have an interview and are then not reachable I don't know) so as much as I don't want to take the first thing that comes along, so far it's the ONLY thing that's come along. Scared? Stressed? Yeah.. just a little..

Guess I have to go to the grocery store today, as when I tried to make a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch (a sandwich I was REALLY looking forward to), my bread had a blue tinge to it. I hate the store but at least maybe it won't be so crowded as most people should be at work. The 3 cheese and chicken quesadilla lean pocket was so not the same as the grilled cheese (with bologna) that I wanted.

I guess that whole rehab thing hasn't worked out so well for her.

Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds (grrr) got married in a very hush hush ceremony in Canada over the weekend. Let the deathwatch begin!!!

Both Travis Barker and DJ AM have been released for the Georgia burn center where they underwent treatment after being the sole survivors of a horrific plane crash (sole survivors is probably the wrong way to put it. I bet I would have been raked through the coals in english class for that one, but it's kinda true!). If I'm not mistaken, both will continue treatment in the LA area.

Kathy Griffin is suing KathyGriffin. (DOT COM that is)

Finally, after one hell of a battle, the legendary Paul Newman died over the weekend at the age of 83. Have I ever seen a Paul Newman movie? I don't think so - although now I guess I have to see Slap Shot! Still, after filming Nobody's Fool at the Iron Horse Bar in Hudson (once my softball team sponsor) he's kind of a favorite son and it's sad to see him go!

Well.. time to replace my blue bread and get ready for tonight. J is making lasagna. Ok, when I say making lasagna what I really mean is taking it out of the freezer and putting it in the oven for two hours, but it's better than nothing. Looks like we're going to bond watching Heroes. I know.. we need to get lives.

No comments: