Monday, September 08, 2008

I will be walking in the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention "Out of the Darkness Community Walk" on Saturday, September 27, 2008 in Hudson, New York.

As you may or may not know, my Godmother lost her son, and I lost a wonderful person in my life when Thomas Kappel committed suicide 11 years ago. My godmother, Barbara, has done an amazing job at getting the word out regarding suicide prevention and I can think of no better way to help her cause.

I hope you will consider supporting my participation in this event this year. Any contribution will help the work of AFSP, and all donations are 100% tax deductible. Also, please consider walking with me for this worthy cause! Donating online is safe and easy! To make an online donation please click the "Support This Participant" button on this page: http://afsp.donordrive.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&eventID=608&participantID=15646.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am Barbara's brother Tommy's God-Daughter Gennea. I was there when Tommy died and I just wanted to say how proud I am and I am sure he is of what the two of you are doing. Thank you for keeping his legacy going. momaofdee2@aol.com

Gennea Klima