Sunday, September 21, 2008

I can already tell this whole unemployment thing is not going to be a good thing for me. It's only Sunday and I've gone to the gym, cleaned my bathroom, bought a Swiffer WetJet, baked cookies and actually cared about who got voted off I Love Money on VH1. Someone please stage an intervention or something.

I spent a thrilling Saturday night going grocery shopping and watching Mulholland Drive. Wow.. remember what I was saying about David Lynch a few days ago? Yeah.. well, nix that, cause I TOTALLY didn't get this movie. I thought I did, then about two hours in, I have no idea what happened. I kept waiting for an explanation that never came. I can't say I didn't like it, cause up until that point I was intrigued and really enjoying the storyline, but I have to admit, I just didn't get it.

Yesterday, Mom and I went to the Lancome counter to get our makeup done, so of course, I had nothing to do on a Saturday night but look in the mirror and try to figure out how I was going to copy what the makeup artist did. It didn't work out. I did learn a few things, but eye makeup will still be a skill that escapes me and I think I'm ok with that and just need to come to terms with it. Perhaps that's another subject we can discuss in my intervention.

How crazy was/is this story!? I really want to know where those guys were sitting on that plane. I mean, how weird is it that out of 6 people on the plane, the two that survive (albeit with burns, don't get me wrong... it's not like they walked away completely unscathed by any means) are the "famous" ones. I mean.. seriously, how weird is that?! Regardless, it's a terrible tragedy and my thoughts go out to anyone involved. I heard Travis Barker's assistant (Little Chris) has a newborn baby and his brother just died in a car accident a few weeks ago. I can only imagine what that family must be going through.

On a lighter note, tonight is the Emmy's and with all this free time on my hands, I should be able to pull a good red carpet post out of my ass. Who am I rooting for, you ask!? Well.. Mad Men, The Office and Jeremy Piven. Need I say more?

Oh wait.. I do. Tonight is also the last game EVER at Yankee Stadium, which will hopefully be won by my very own, Baltimore Orioles. Yes.. I understand that it's the last game and blah blah blah, The Yankees Win! and all that, but it doesn't mean I'm going to hope the O's give it to them for free... on purpose.. you know what I mean. Enjoy your Sunday!!

No comments: