Friday, September 12, 2008

As of next Friday, September 19th, I am unemployed: Words I never thought would leave my mouth.

Ever since my boss had her baby, things have been pretty slow at work. Excruciatingly slow and I'll be the first to admit it. There have been many times where my co-worker and I silently (to each other) said "why doesn't she lay us off?" We didn't really mean it, nor did we think it was really going to happen. Granted, it only happened to me, but still.

I hold no hard feelings about it. I mean, I know how things work and it's the right thing to do, but it's really scary to know you don't have a job and haven't been actively looking beyond sending canvas letters back to the State. I hope something comes from that most of all, but that doesn't mean I won't be looking elsewhere as well.

My cruise is on October 17th, so I guess I have a vacation (kinda) until at least then. It'd be silly to start a job prior to that and have to tell them "oh yeah, I have a cruise to go on."

So yeah.. if anyone wants to buy me drinks, dinner or make me something pretty and tasty, I'll take it. I have no shame right now ;)!

Not only is today Jason Statham's 36th birthday (thanks San), but it's also Bald Is Beautiful Day. Coincidence? I think not...

No comments: