Monday, September 08, 2008

How I forgot about this, I have no idea: J and I went to see Jeff Dunham at the Times Union Center (Pepsi Arena, Knick Arena, whatever) on Thursday night. We had dinner at Savannah's first which was filling as always (as were the shots Pete insisted we share with him) and then headed to the box office to get our tickets. I had ordered them the day of the show and let me tell you, if you have the opportunity, do that. It's the second time I've gotten tickets the day of the show and had OUTSTANDING seats. We were two sections from the stage, in the very first row, which is kind of important when you're going to see a ventriloquist! Granted, they had a screen right behind him so no seat was a bad seat, but ours were great! The opener was a comedian basically called "guitar guy," who told jokes while playing the guitar (hence, an operative name). His son is one of the members of Avenged Sevenfold and if he plays guitar half as well as his Dad, he's probably got a pretty decent career ahead of him! Anyway, Jeff Dunham came on around 8:45 and did a little stand up on his own, then he brought out Walter, his curmudgeonly friend. After Walter, there was Achmed, the Dead Terrorist (the highlight of the show for me) Peanut and Jose Jalapeno (on a stick). I had to pee the second we got there, but never wanted to leave my seat for fear I'd miss something! The show got over around 10:15 and I think both J and I had stomach pains from laughing so hard. If you get a chance to see him, I promise you won't regret it. Unless you're like... afraid of puppets and ventriloquists or something..

The Orioles have exercised their 2009 option for Dave Trembley, ya know, cause the team is doing so well under his tutelage. I know... sorry... cynical. Congrats Dave!!! :)

I knew she looked familiar...

2009? I know, I'm so impatient...

So... I don't know if I've discussed this before, but my sister got rid of HBO a few months ago, which really wasn't a big deal. Granted, it sucks that I'm not able to watch "John Tucker Must Die" if I can't sleep at 3 am (or you know, any other time), but I wasn't all that upset. Until I realized I would no longer be able to watch Entourage, which premiered last night. Where the F am I going to get my dose of Piven!? So, I think, I'll just ask Mom and Dad to DVR it for me. Guess who else got rid of HBO? I'm so going to have to get every season on DVD now and I blame my family. That, and I kind of wanted to check out True Blood, the new show from Six Feet Under creator, Alan Ball. It hasn't received great reviews, but I'm still intrigued.

Engagements have run rampant around Hollywood, and I admit, I'm a little sad this stud muffin is one to bite the dust.

Ok.. the VMA's.. I admit, I'm probably 18 years too old to be even watching the show, but I had to see what happened with Britney as the opener and it was nothing but anticlimactic. Girlfriend should know how to hold a mike by now! However, I admit I cheered when she won her first ever VMA, although you had to know she wasn't going home empty handed after the year she had.

John Norris needs to hang it up. He looks AWFUL and could certainly be the father to most of the people on or around the show. John.. a pair of skinny jeans and a bad dye job do not a hip "newsman" make.

I know she was on ANTM and all, but I guess I didn't realize how beautiful Kim Stolz really could be! A dress and some weave does wonders huh!?

The Jonas Brothers got ripped up by host Russell Brand, but congrats to Jordin Sparks for standing up for them and all those other "pure" celebs.

Great performance by Pink, as usual. I would say it was the most entertaining performance for me, personally. Then again, I didn't really know what a "milli" was until Tre told me, so I guess I should just keep my mouth shut!

Bad night for my man Peyton, even though I didn't watch the game. The minute I did, he threw the ball away, so I figured it was best if I kept my distance. I think he gets nervous...

Enjoy the rest of your Monday and remember, only two more weeks (I think) till Heroes season 3 debuts... I stole (borrowed) seasons 1 and 2 from J, just to refresh my memory so we'll see if I can get the job done before then!

No comments: