Monday, October 06, 2008

I thought unemployment would give me more time to blog, but it seems it's done just the opposite (as you can tell by my lack of posting lately). Let me get you up to speed:

Tuesday I drove past the gym (WAY too crowded for my taste) and instead went down to Kingston with my mom. She was looking for a dress for my cousin's wedding while I searched for something to wear underneath my suit for my interview on Thursday. The jacket is kind of short so everything I had was a little too long. Luckily, I did find something that worked at the last minute and got a decent lunch at Panera. I never go there just because the one time I tried, they couldn't work what I wanted to my satisfaction. I really hate it when places won't attempt to make it your way. I know not everywhere is Burger King, but people have likes and dislikes, know what I'm saying!?

Wednesday: Believe it or not, I babysat.... for a 9 month old. I can honestly say I'm not sure if I've ever watched a child that young, but I did it as a favor for J's sister's friend and it turned out OK. Course, it would have been a little better if they had more than two channels for me to watch, but I made do. I changed diapers and fed her, two things I can safely say I haven't done in a VERY long time!! The little girl was absolutely adorable and it was kind of cute when she fell asleep on my chest, which gave me a chance to sleep a bit since I was sneezing my face off. The family has three cats and apparently I'm slightly allergic. I kept sneezing and waking the kid up, which was not a good thing. Later on that night we had a soccer game, but first, we went to Beff's for dinner as a team. We might have had a couple too many beers, but we still had a great time and a really great dinner. Their mozzarella logs are to die for! Anyway, I think we were a bit weighed down, cause we lost our game by a goal. A goal my friend Shannon scored for the other team. We don't have much luck this session. We're playing like shit and the teams we've played have been as whiny as can be. They can dish out the pushes, but they can't take them back. It's so annoying. At least the Wu-Tang can dish it out AND take it!!!

Thursday morning I had an interview at a law firm in Albany. The ride wasn't so bad and I felt like it went really well. Everyone was super nice and since my friend Shell works there, I got to stop in and see her too! My mom called me afterwards and she was at the mall (again) so I met her there. I got a dress that I can take on my cruise and I also got severe pains in my feet. I am not used to walking in heels lately, especially through the mall! I couldn't wait to get out of my shoes after a tasty lunch at Applebee's! I had my cousin's birthday party that night, then went to my sister's soccer game. After that, J and I went to see Eagle Eye, as neither of us had to work on Friday so we could finally catch a late movie! It was an interesting flick. Lots of action, but a little freaky to think stuff like that and the concept of Big Brother really could happen to people. I really wanted to see Burn After Reading, but Eagle Eye won out. I really didn't care as long as I got popcorn out of the deal.

I got up Friday morning, ready to run a couple of errands, one of which included dropping off my resume for a local job. It would be great to get as I wouldn't have to go very far and would be making good money, especially for this area. However, it's an appointed position and it's basically one of those "it's who you know" type of deals. Still, I wouldn't be upset if I got a shot at it. I then spent the afternoon watching my friend Allyson's kids (they're 5 and 11). It got off to a rocky start when I didn't know how to make tea or ramen noodles (They are the one thing I never made in college) but we ended up playing games and it was a good afternoon. However, they also had three cats, so I was a sneezing fool once again. I forgot to take Benadryl so I am going to use that as my excuse for bowling like shit. I did nothing Friday night, cause sometimes you just don't want to leave the house!

Saturday I was the Assistant Coach for my sister's high school soccer team, which basically meant I got to watch the game from the other side of the field and look official. To quote my sister: "I wasn't worthless." I actually did yell to one of the girls while Tre wasn't paying attention so I felt like I did my job. She bought me dinner afterwards, so I think it was a win-win situation. We went out later that night. We wanted to get out of Hudson so we went all the way to Valatie. The tiki bar wasn't open so we ended up at Kappy's where we played the jukebox for free and I did way too many jagerbombs. I really don't know what I was thinking. J picked us up around 12 - 12:30 and when we got home, we realized that no one had keys to get in the house. Luckily someone was able to jimmy a window open so we got in. Unbeknowst to me, Tre decided the party was not going to end so she and a few others were playing games downstairs. I missed that, as I was passed out. Poor J - not so much. I'm guessing he got about three hours of sleep so I offered to make him dinner tonight. I'm not quite sure if that's a good thing or not. If it all goes wrong, at least I have a Red Baron pizza in the freezer. It's my first attempt at beef and noodles (I know, it sounds easy but when it comes to me and cooking, nothing ever is).

That's about all that's been going on with me. Just been keeping myself busy, but I'll do my best to entertain as best I can. Tomorrow I have a big day planned, with my dentist appointment and some cleaning to do. Tre is having her soccer team over so I'm going to make myself scarce. They're great kids, but 20 high school girls in your house is a lot to take, and a lot of noise. So, I'm heading to my friend Sue's to catch up with her, Entourage and True Blood. It seemed like a better alternative!

I'm trying to come up with a Halloween costume. I was thinking of a flapper, Wednesday Addams or some celebrity mugshot. I really just want to wear a wig. I'm taking suggestions..

No comments: