Monday, October 13, 2008

What a weekend!

Friday night was my cousin Chrissy's wedding and family dinner afterwards. Here's a quick pic of Chrissy in her dress:
Anyway, after the wedding, everyone went to the Carolina House for dinner. My sister tripped over a stair and fell pretty hard on her side. It was pretty entertaining (to my family) but the other people were pretty concerned about her.. Until she started laughing her face off. I mean, what can you do after busting your ass in front of 40 people!? The food was very good (it's only the second time I'd ever eaten there) and we were all pretty full afterwards. We also had a celebrity sighting, as Mary Stuart Masterson was eating in the dining room. Apparently she has a house in Stuyvesant and adores Columbia County. Small world, eh?

Saturday was the actual reception, and it was an absolute blast! My family didn't leave the dance floor all day and it was well worth it. It was a really great time and if you didn't have a good time, well, you didn't try hard enough! Chrissy and Kenny both looked amazing and the food was to die for! I've always loved Jackson's chicken cordon bleu, but Barry really took the cake yesterday. It was by far the best I've ever had. J normally has something bad to say about everyone's food but he actually said "this is really good prime rib." I kept waiting for the "but" to come after it, but it never did, so it had to be good! I took over 80 pictures, so here are just a few snippets for you.
I knoq his eyes look closed, but I swear it was early and we were both semi-sober at this point.

The newlyweds having their first danceAll the Nytransky girlsTre and Dad were having a blast on the dance floor.

Like I said, it was a really great wedding! I can only hope that mine (if and when it happens) is half as much fun!

No comments: