Wednesday, October 15, 2008

So Madonna and Guy Ritchie are really divorcing this time, huh? I just don't get why you go to great lengths to deny, deny, deny and keep things a secret, then do exactly what everyone said was going to happen. It defeats the purpose. Still, as a single woman, I'm giving up hope. I mean, if MADONNA can't sustain a marriage in this world, who can? (Sarcasm kids.. look it up).

Yesterday's post about teeth brushing made my friend Rachael think of Aaron Karo, a comedian who has his own website and even sends out a newsletter type thing of his ruminations. He also asks people to put their own ruminations on his site, which I did this morning. I think I have five "gourment points" and only one of them came from someone who knows me. See? I'm funny.. :)

Last night, J and I saw Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist and all I can say is that it is certainly a must-see. I think Michael Cera is the next Ralph Macchio, as he may be playing teenagers until he's 50, but ya know what? I'd watch him do it because I find him so endearing and sweet it's ridiculous. The movie is very funny (which will bring the boys in) and even turns out to be kind of a sweet love story (you know.. for the chicks and the 'mos)! Christopher... next time we get together, we're watching it and I'm sorry I had to see it without you! I know you've seen her in the trailer, but the drunk girl friend... Priceless..

In what was the biggest no-brainer of the season, Rocco DiSpirito and my FAVORITE dancer Karina Smirnoff (again... sarcasm) were booted from Dancing with the Stars. Rocco got a reprieve last week thanks to Misty May-Treanor having to withdraw, but nothing could save him two weeks in a row.

I'm hoping for a soccer win tonight. The team we're playing is probably just around our skill level and it'd be nice to grab a win, even though Tre and Allyson can't be there. Next week is the final week of the session and we play the last place team, who (as of today) have no wins. So... there's still a chance! We'll change our name next session. I think we've used up all the fun of Wu-Tang and will switch to Nytropalooza. It has a little something something... ;)

I should have packed for my cruise today, however, I got sucked into cleaning out my closet instead. I have two HUGE garbage bags full of clothes to take to Goodwill which I'll do tomorrow... while I should be packing. Procrastinate much?

I really don't care if it's real drums or rock band drums, he's still close to the top of my list!

Don't forget! Tonight is the season finale of Project Runway and the last season that will air on Bravo. It's seriously gonna kill me to watch Lifetime... on purpose.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I dig Michael Cera..I wanna see that flick.
But gosh, I don't know that Michael Cera would be too enthused to discover he has been dubbed "the next Ralph Macchio". What's Macchio doing now?? Dinner theater in Michigan or something along those lines??

Jenny said...

It was annoying me when Guy and Madonna were denying it, too!