Monday, August 11, 2008

You'd think I would have learned, but apparently not. My liver is not a big fan of me right now, I'll tell you that!

Friday night we had a ball game, which surprisingly enough, did NOT get rained out. After that, we went to Jackson's for a few drinks. I drove, so obviously J got to be the semi-drunk one out of the two of us. It was kind of fine with me. I was so beat I pretty much passed out once my head hit the pillow.

Saturday morning I had to get up so Tre and I could make it to my friend Sarah's bridal shower. It was a 10:30 brunch. Tre and I got a little lost, but we made it there before the food was served. My friend Nikki is called "the shower nazi" and for good reason. We ate brunch, opened presents AND had cake and were done in an hour. It was the best shower ever! After Tre took a short nap and I caught up on Mad Men, we headed to my friend Nikki's house to sit by the pool and get ready for the bachelorette party. We went to see Menopause: The Musical at Capital Rep. I swear, if you get an opportunity, see it (I think it's playing for another week or slightly more)! The show is absolutely hysterical and only an hour and a half. However, plan your bathroom break accordingly, as there is no intermission. The actresses had great voices and even funnier facial expressions. It was a really entertaining way to start off the night, that's for sure.

Once that was done, we headed to Savannah's. A heavy metal band was playing when we got there, but luckily we only had to wait about a half hour before "DJ Lady Verse" came on to play all sorts of 80's and 90's stuff. We danced all night long, which is probably why all those shots we had didn't go to our heads quite as quickly as we'd thought they would. We didn't get to bed until 4 and Tre had me up to leave at 8. Unfortunately, I can never go right back to bed after being up for a while, so I didn't nap until after 1:00, and even that was only for a short while. Hit up my parents house for beef and noodles for dinner (one of my faves) and then J and I went to see Pineapple Express. It was really funny. I mean, there are some lines that you just kind of went "did they really just say that?" but in a good way. Entertaining story, very funny guys in it, what more could you ask for? Oh wait... Huey Lewis having a song in the ending credits? Yep.. it was a trifecta! I highly recommend unless you're Sandra - she doesn't like to laugh ;)!

I took TONS of pictures from the bachelorette party but haven't had a chance to put them online yet, so they are forthcoming, I promise.

What a sad weekend: Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes and Anthony Hart (brother of motocross star Carey Hart) all died over the weekend. Apparently Bernie Mac's condition was way worse than anyone ever let on and he died at the age of 50. Hayes, best known these days as the voice of Chef on South Park, seems to have died naturally. Hart was in an accident during a practice session at a Hartford, CT speedway.

Poor girl's trying to save the whales, but daddy's home hitting mommy... her boyfriend ran over a paparazzo's foot AND someone nailed her car. Looks like Hayden Panettiere isn't have a great weekend either.. But hey.. Heroes starts soon!!! :)

I haven't had a chance to catch too much of the Olympics, but I plan to hunker down on my couch tonight to watch some men's gymnastics and swimming. The US Men's win in the 4x100 relay has by far been an insane highlight and now Michael Phelps (thank you Jason Lezak) is well on his way to becoming the most decorated Olympic athlete (ever?).

I don't know about where you are, but it's been raining like a mo'fo all day. Thunder and lightning that shakes the office and torrential downpours. And it's freaking cold! I'm seriously considering a hot cocoa today. Yep.. Happy August.

No comments: