Thursday, August 14, 2008

So... my birthday is tomorrow. I'll be the big 3-2. I've always made a big deal out of my birthday. I mean, it's only once a year so you might as well take advantage, right? Well, I'm not saying anyone should throw me a parade or anything, but for 24 hours, just PRETEND it's as important to you as it is to me. Ya know, make an effort. Sorry for the diatribe.. I"m having a kind of frustrating "Day before my birthday" :).

Perhaps it's that I have no real news to report. Last night we won the ball game I was sure we were going to forfeit, so that's something. Now we play on Saturday afternoon, which really ruins our plans to hit up my friend's phenomenally fun day at Saratoga Race Track, which sucks. I'm taking tomorrow off, mainly cause my boss is on maternity leave and it's VERY slow here, and who likes working on their birthday? I'd rather do nothing at home in my pajamas than do nothing at work, right? Still, I have nothing planned. It's kind of sad and depressing. I guess that's what happens when you get older! Ugh..

Headed out tonight for some beer and wings, then probably home to watch the Olympics (again). At least this time I don't have anything to get up for (except maybe birthday breakfast) so if I stay awake for the whole thing it won't be a huge deal. Maybe I'll go grocery shopping tomorrow. I hate doing it, but at least it'd be out of the way and I'd have food in the house.

I know, I'm throwing myself a nasty pity party today, aren't I? Approximately 24 hours ago I had to hang up on some crazy bitch at work and ever since then, it's gone downhill. I knew this lady was crazy, but I didn't realize she was the devil and her attitude was going to bring ME down!

Almost forgot - Congratulations go out to my friend Caren, who got engaged this week! Congrats and best of luck to her and her lucky fiance!!!

Have a great night and maybe I'll get a chance to post (and be in a better mood) tomorrow :)!

No comments: