Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I'm still recovering from my weekend o'boozing.

Friday night (and all weekend) the Firemen's Softball Tournament was in town so we HAD to head over for a few beers.. that turned into way more than that and closing down Melino's. I went to bed around 3 am and was up at 8 am: WIDE awake. A few sausage mcmuffins later, I was feeling a little better, but far from wanting to contend with the rain and other such things we needed to do to get ready for Nytropalooza 2008!

The rain stopped around 1:45 and only made one other brief appearance, so the weather we were all so concerned about, really wasn't a concern at all. Everyone seemed to have had a good time, either playing beer pong or just chilling with people they hadn't seen since last year's party. My friend Joey even made a birthday cake for my mom, who's birthday was on Saturday. I was really slacking in the picture department, but if/when I find some, I promise to post them. It's hard to host a party AND take pictures and all that jazz!!! Another late night ensued.. I tried to go to bed earlier, but my friend Pete picked me up over his shoulder and dragged me outside, so that ended that early bedtime for sure! I'm glad he did it.. Staying up till 2 am was way more fun! There was only slight drama at the party too, which worked out. Basically drunken boys, being stupid drunken boys.

J officially got me Rock Band for the Wii for my birthday. I am very much looking forward to playing it, especially now that I bought another guitar, as the game only comes with one and is not compatible with Guitar Hero. WTF is up with that?! So yes, now I have four plastic guitars in my living room. Who would have ever thunk!? The drums are really hard and no one has tried singing yet, so I'm sure we'll have to have a drunken Rock Band night pretty soon!

J also managed to find my mom a copy of Wii Fit, which (along with the Wii) is what Tre, Dad and I got her for her birthday. To say she was shocked was an understatement! The next day she set it up all by herself and played with the Wii Fit for a little while. I need to start doing that as my physical activity level has plummeted. I think next week I'll start up again. My ball games are almost over and it looks like J will be working nights for the next few weeks (fun!) so I should have some free time..

I can't wait to hear the real story on this one.

Morgan Freeman is recovering from a rollover car accident in Mississippi this weekend.

Angie was sent packing on Big Brother for no other reason except that everyone in that house is a big moron and I hope their decision comes back to bite them on the ass. How do you let Jessie stay when he's being a big douche and threatening people!? Luckily, April won the HOH and put Jessie and Memphis up, promising Michele that Jessie wasn't her main target. I sure hope Memphis can use his "womanizer" charm and make them all realize Jessie needs to go, just for the sheer fact that he annoys me. Or, ya know.. win the POV competition tonight, Memphis.. That would work too.

I am finally all caught up on Mad Men. I've only watched the first episode of this season, but I think the storylines and dynamics of the characters will really pull things together. I just really hope they're not smoking as much as they seem to be on set. It's like a pile of lung cancer waiting to happen.

The Brangelina baby pics sold for a whopping $14 million (I think). That's insane.. they're babies!!! At least the money is going to charity.

I'm finally starting to get a good night's sleep, so forgive the craziness of this post. I'll be better soon, I promise! Enjoy your night and if something comes along, you bet I'll post it.

No comments: