Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Remember last week, when I was lamenting about needing a new liver? Well, let's just say I didn't learn my lesson: Let's break it down, shall we?

Thursday - Went to Joe's for some wings and pizza. Didn't get home until 12:30 (the Olympics were on!) and then had to stay awake at home to open my sister's present (gift certificates for mani/pedi and the movies) and watch the gymnastics. Shortly after I fell asleep, I got a call from my friend Jack from Worcester and ended up chatting with him for over an hour. He has great timing sometimes!

Friday - MY BIRTHDAY!!! Began the day by having breakfast with Tre and my mom, which was filling and awesome. I love breakfast. Anyway, I didn't really do much all afternoon but wait for J to call and wish me a happy birthday. It was a long wait. Granted, he's been working nights and had yet another doctor's appointment, but come on.. it's your girlfriend's birthday. Make some effort. Anyway, I hit up Meadowgreens around 6:30 and had great intentions for the evening. Instead, the shots started early and we closed down the bar around 2:30. Surprisingly enough, I felt decent on Saturday. I'm getting too old for shots, that's for sure.

Saturday - As I'm sure you can tell, the morning was kinda slow. I had a ball game at 2:00 (which we won) and then hung out at the field for a few hours, socializing and drinking beer. After a very necessary dinner from Wendy's (WOO HOO Baconator), Jen brought me home and I showered so Tre and I could hit up another party. We basically made an appearance as we were both pretty beat from the day and had to be ready to leave the house at 8 for another ball game.

Sunday - Early morning, but not as early as it should have been. We got a little bit of a late start, so we didn't make it for bloody mary's before the game, or for the majority of the game we wanted to watch. Our game started at 10 and went 8 innings, so we barely had enough time to relax before our next game at noon. Luckily, they gave us a little extra time, but we still lost. It was a blessing in disguise to be honest. I don't know if any of us would have had the energy to play a third game that day. It was pretty warm out, as is evidenced from what I can only describe as an absolutely heinous sunburn on my face. It looks like I have sunglasses on and my nose looks like Bozo the Clown. Oh yeah, it's so NOT an attractive look for me. We ended up staying at the field, watching the next few games and just drinking and bonding with some people from the other teams. I was pretty sure I was going to not go to work on Monday anyway, but once we were still drinking around 6 pm on a Sunday, my mind was made up! After a while, I came home, took a shower and headed to J's brother's house where I watched part of my first WWE Summer Slam since I was a kid and thought it was real(then, not now). I subsequently passed out on his couch.

Monday - a blur of naps and laundry.

I got a great night's sleep Monday night, but not before I watched the premiere of The Hills. I've gotta say, I've always been a fan of Lo, but she sure is bitching it up already when it comes to Lauren's relationship with Audrina. I almost liked the fact that Audrina called her out and was like "we'll never be friends." You go with your bad self! And ok, if you saw the way Spencer treated both Heidi and her sister, how would you ever date him!? I mean.. he was a douche right to both their faces. If you're gonna be a douche, do it behind their back. He should know better. Oh, the Hills... How I've missed thee... even if it's just for Whitney's "surprised" face.

No comments: