Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I had an appointment at 10:30 for a field vision test, so I went to the hospital early to get my bloodwork done, something I've avoided for approximately a year. I do NOT give blood. I do NOT know my blood type. This is the second time in my life I've ever had blood taken (at least that my almost 32 year old mind can remember) and I was fine... Until I walked in. Then I got the heebie jeebies. The guy that took my blood (phlebotomist?) was VERY nice and when I asked him if it would hurt, he said "not me!" Yeah.. believe it or not, he wasn't my main concern. But he went along with it when I nervously joked with him, so that helped. I didn't look at what he was doing, but I did feel the prick.... for only a second or two. He was good, I'll give him that. It took less than a minute and he told me that I have good veins. I guess that's good to know if I ever decide to go the heroin route.

No comments: