Monday, April 30, 2007

The weekend is never long enough...

I haven’t had a chance to do my pictures from this weekend yet… maybe tonight between my busy Dancing with the Stars and Heroes watching schedule. In brief: my rugby reunion was good fun, although I’m glad I only went for a night. I think I’m getting too old for this. It’s getting to the point where the new players are half my age and that just freaks me out. It’s nice to see the few people I don’t see on a regular basis (and still want to see) but other than that, it doesn’t do much for me. That, and the weather usually sucks! If it were nice out, I probably wouldn’t mind sitting outside watching rugby all day. However, it’s almost always chilly and rainy. This year wasn’t bad for the hour or so I was there, but you get my point. I guess we all grow up at some point but like I said, I did have a great time and got some entertaining pictures for sure! Dinner was a bit of a clusterfuck, as we had reservations (which kept growing to more people as the evening went on) but the guys thought it would be OK to just pull up a table and sit with us. I really didn't care, until a few were beligerent and rude to the waitress. They're lucky I was already well into my sixth beer by the time this happened, or it would have been pretty for no one. I didn't end up having to see my friend's baby till the next day and it was on my way out of town, so I only had to do the obligatory "oh your baby's so cute" for a minute or so. I didn't have to lie though.. the baby really was adorable.... and he wasn't in a bar!!!

The bridal shower in Utica was.. well.. interesting. My friend (the groom)’s mom met us at the door wearing her sweater and underwear. Yep, that’s it. I’ve met her once briefly and apparently that was enough for her to not feel like she had to wear pants around me. Anyway, we stayed at her house for dinner (she had enough food for an army and it was tasty) and she told us story after story. Real nice lady, but a bit of an attention whore. Let’s put it this way… she means well! I also met my friend (the bride)’s mother, who is pretty normal and very nice. She was very helpful with the shower and it looked like everyone had a good time. The shower was brief, so Tre and I were able to get on the road by 2:00 to get home, but not after a bit of a debacle with the payment of the bill. The groom’s sister said she spent $270 on favors for the shower. The favors were bath salts in a plastic condiment container with a lid, wrapped up in a ribbon with a butterfly keychain attached. Does that sound like $270 to you? Yeah.. me either. I’m not saying she didn’t spend it, but if she did she got a REALLY raw deal! Anyway, when we figured out the shower would cost each bridesmaid $120, she asked my sister if she was included in that, to which Tre replied “YEAH.” She was under the impression that since she had already spent the money on the favors, that was enough. Tre had spent $100 on the invites, but she still ponied up her share! The groom’s sister did give us the money for her daughter and some extra, but she really didn’t pay her fair share, which pissed me off. I was proud of Tre cause she usually wouldn’t say anything, but she really spoke up about it. The only reason she let her get away with it was because she didn’t want to cause any drama. The sister is cut right out of the mother’s ass and drama is all that would come from it so we’re trying to avoid that. Again, she’s a nice girl, but that put a bad taste in my mouth. I was very happy to head home and sleep in my own bed. J. and I watched 28 Days Later (I knew the sequel was coming out, so I wanted to watch it beforehand). I found it to be an interesting movie. Granted, it’s pretty much the same concept as most other zombie movies, but something about it caught my attention. Parts of it actually reminded me of the Stephen King book “Cell.” After that, we watched Sopranos and Entourage and passed out cold. I usually wake up a few times a night but the first time I woke up was just minutes before his alarm went off. Guess we both had rough weekends!

Like I said, I’ll try to post some pictures later on tonight, although the nice weather might not allow me to stay inside! And for all you singles, there’s still hope (as long as your significant other isn't an only child). Happy Monday!

No comments: