Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A train wreck at its finest

I couldn't force myself to watch more than a few minutes of the VH1 show "I Love New York" for many reasons. Being from New York, I feel she gives us gals a bad name. That, and I can't fathom why people are attracted to and go crazy for Flavor Flav (in a romantic/sexual way). However, I read this recap of the reunion episode for this show and I so wish I had watched. Granted, it'll be re-run about a million times so I'm sure I'll catch it, but if only I had seen it before reading about it. It sounds like Springer at it's finest. Get New York a subscription to Match.com and call it a day.

On a side note: I wanted to express my condolences to anyone who lost a family member or friend in the heinous shooting yesterday at Virginia Tech. I really don't watch the news so I'm not up to date on all the details, but it was the largest school shooting ever, coming almost exactly on the 8 year anniversary of the Columbine shootings. It seems no one knows why the shooter did it, or if he was the only shooter. I remember watching Columbine unfold my senior year in college and I can't even fathom what it would have been like to be that close to it. Apparently, it wasn't an important enough story to interrupt prime time programming until about 10:00 at night, when NBC was running "My Name is Earl reruns." I'm not sure what that says about our country or culture, but it can't be good! (says the girl who blogs about reality tv.. hypocrite much?)

No comments: