Thursday, April 05, 2007

I think it's a very good thing I'm leaving the country tomorrow...

The O’s have started the season by getting swept by Minnesota, a very auspicious beginning for the team everyone (well… Peter Angelos) thought was greatly improved over the off season. Can’t blame Cabrera. He had a stellar outing on Wednesday. The rest of the pitching: Not so good. Jaret Wright was downright miserable and Erik Bedard pitched himself out of the game in many instances. The bullpen… the bane of my existence last year, hasn’t had too much of a chance to prove itself so we’ll reserve judgment for a few more days. The O’s head to Yankee Stadium this weekend, hence the title of this post. I hope to come home from Ireland (on Friday the 13th no less) to see the O’s have at least ONE in the win column and to see the celebration in the picture I've posted actually happen (courtesy of the O's)!!!! What can I say? Baby steps..

The Whitney Houston-Bobby Brown divorce is final, and will be considered such on April 24th. Whitney retains sole custody of their daughter, Bobbi Kristina and wept openly as the decision was read. She’s going to miss the man who burst her dookie bubble. That’s sweet. Bob Clark, the director of “A Christmas Story” and the “Porky’s” movies died yesterday in a car crash. His 22 year old son also died, both a victim of a drunk driver.

I didn’t get to watch the episode in full, but Sarah was booted from America’s Next Top Model. She and Whitney (again) were in the bottom two and the plus-size model was given a second chance. Sarah, a 20 year old photographer, was probably best known for being a bit of a “know-it-all” in the house. I didn’t see this week’s pictures, but she really must have bit the big one. She was one of my favorites so I was disappointed to see her go. 8 girls remain… you know how it goes.

Your final two in Top Design are Matt and Carisa. Um.. what? I don’t think ANYONE saw that coming! I see Carisa as the Marcel of Top Design, therefore I don’t know whether to root for her or for good guy Matt. Then again, I like Matt as a person a ton more than I liked Ilan so I guess I would root for him. He’s been steady throughout the whole competition and seems like a decent guy.

To celebrate that I’m going on vacation after 4:30 this evening and won’t have to set foot into my office for over a week, let’s check out the email I received today, and my responses to it, shall we? (My initial email was to ask about something I was supposed to do and whether she needed one set or two sets of them): So I'm doing separate ones for each.. one for the 147f and one for the 859a? So there will be two public hearing notices for each (one for the renovation and one for the construction)?

This was her response: Did you look at what I gave you? All of the notices are drafted. You just need to do the letters to taxing entities, the affidavits, the letters to the newspaper and the letters to ______.

And my response to that: Yes, I looked at it and I just looked at the Morrisville information and realized that it seems to be one set for the 147(f) and one set for the 859. I am only here until 4:30 and wanted to not have to do everything twice so I wanted to ask to be completely sure.

Come to find out.. she needed four sets, which she called to tell me after I did the initial set. I felt like I had adequately asked (a million times) what she wanted and then for it to be wrong after asking and making myself feel stupid, well.. let’s just say I wasn’t pleased. When she called to tell me the correct way (again, if she had done this in the first place all this drama could have been avoided) she ended it with “Do you understand?” My answer was “YES.” Not just “yes” but yes in the nastiest and most obviously bitchy tone I have. I’m sure she didn’t get the point, but such is life. 2 and a half hours left!!!

Anyway, this will be my last post for quite some time. I’ll be back from Ireland on April 13th, but I doubt I’ll have the time and/or energy to post. I promise to get my pictures out that weekend and at least post a few on the site so you can see how the trip was, although I know it’ll be insane and wonderful!!!! Hope everyone enjoys their Easter and try not to miss me!!!

PS - Don't forget.. brand new, supersized episode of The Office is on tonight. We finally find out what Roy does to Jim after hearing about his tryst with Pam!!!

No comments: